Playing Midi In Dos With a SB32PnP

Post by Shadowspar » Thu, 18 Sep 1997 04:00:00

        Hi there, i wanted to know if anybody out there could direct me to
a web site / ftp site where I can get a MIDI player that can utilize the
SB32PnP capability in DOS.  Windows 3.1 ('tis an old 'puter but still
works), almost always f*cks up when loading.  (1st it was system.drv, then
it was other drv's, then it just went crazy (Irq messes and whatever).

        When I run a diagnostic on the SB32PnP it comes out to be okay.
All interrupts and ports are fine and dandy, but windows 3.1 screws up.

        I would appreciate if someone could tell me some information or
direct me to a site where it offers a MIDI player for DOS utilizing the
SB32PnP.

        All the interrupts are industry standard, and works under DOS.

Post by Kevin La » Tue, 07 Oct 1997 04:00:00

OK, Shadowspark said:
S>   Hi there, i wanted to know if anybody out there could direct me to
S> a web site / ftp site where I can get a MIDI player that can utilize the
S> SB32PnP capability in DOS.  Windows 3.1 ('tis an old 'puter but still

Try MidPlay, a freeware VGA midi player that's really, really, nice.

I don't remember the official URL, but you can get it, as well as a fair
number of Christian, pop, and TV/movie MIDI files, from my website:

Connor's Corner Mark II, at http://www.magma.ca/~kevlam/

MidPlay can do the SB32, and in many cases it plays the music BETTER than
the Windows drivers.

--

Faculty of Engineering, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
**