Finale 2002 entry - editing notes after entry

Finale 2002 entry - editing notes after entry

Post by Paul Matthew » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 16:00:09

Ok, so i've gotten my notes into Finalie by playing them in through a midi
keyboard. Now, I want to select 2 notes (dotted eighth and six*th note,
which are beamed as a single beat in 4/4), and convert to both eighth notes.
I could do it in Encore by selecting the notes and pressing the number 4 (or
whatever corresponded to eighth notes). How best in Finale 2002?

Thanks for your assistance!

Finale 2002 entry - editing notes after entry

Post by Harald Schollmeye » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 18:05:43

Paul Matthews schrieb:

Quote:> Now, I want to select 2 notes (dotted eighth and six*th note,
> which are beamed as a single beat in 4/4), and convert to both eighth notes.

In speedy entry: put the cursor on the first note, press key "4" two times.

You really should have a look at speedy entry and its key commands, it's
very useful. I converted from Encore several years ago, too. The speedy
entry is one of Finale's benefits over Encore.

Harald

1. Assistance with Finale 2002 problem - playback not working

Hi

I have Finale 2002 with a 4-score piece (piano, bass , guitar lead etc). I
have it set up to play back my Roland JV 1010 (in a multitrack setup), and
so far all has been well.

However, now when I press 'play', I get a message on the status bar saying
'Processing Measure XXX', where XXX is quickly changing list of measure
numbers.

So, somewhere along the line, something I have done has forced it to be
unplayable, but I don't know what. Any ideas?

Thanks
Paul

2. Test

3. finale 2002 - propellerhead reason - hubi

4. CoCo Emulator Running Too Fast !!!

5. Finale 2002 or Sibelius 2????

6. FAQ: Audio File Formats (part 1 of 2)

7. Qestion on Finale 2002: hearing your midi keyboard play your Soundblaster while recording

8. HELP! PC DOESN'T DETECT CD-ROM

9. Finale 2002 question: align midi playback with notation

10. Finale 2002 Query

11. Coda Finale 2002 for Win9x/NT $210

12. Finale 2002?