Soundcard reccomendation

Post by Steven M. Diet » Mon, 23 Jun 1997 04:00:00

What would be the 'ideal' sound setup for using CakeWalk 6.0? I've got
an AWE64gold, but for some reason have not been able to hear audio as I
record it - annoying to say the least, especially when doing guitar
tracks...

all responses appreciated!

Soundcard reccomendation

Post by Anthony Palett » Tue, 24 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> What would be the 'ideal' sound setup for using CakeWalk 6.0? I've got
> an AWE64gold, but for some reason have not been able to hear audio as I
> record it - annoying to say the least, especially when doing guitar
> tracks...

> all responses appreciated!

You need a card that is full-duplex (and the software to support it).
Try a Gravis Ultrasound.  I have one and it works great for the price
(about $200).

Good luck!

Tony Paletti
HEARSAY! Recording

Soundcard reccomendation

Post by U-Frai » Tue, 24 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi!
Cakewalk 6.0 is the professional software and you need
professional sound card. Now it's (not very expencive)
Audiomedia3 or new Turtle Beadh Pinnacle. The last one
with additional Yamaha 60 is a very good choice.
Eugene.

Quote:> What would be the 'ideal' sound setup for using CakeWalk 6.0? I've got
> an AWE64gold, but for some reason have not been able to hear audio as I
> record it - annoying to say the least, especially when doing guitar
> tracks...

> all responses appreciated!

1. Midi Composer Reccomendations

Hi.

I've been working with basic MIDI composition for a few months now, but
have been hindered by my inability to find a freeware/shareware quality
midi composer that meets the following standards requires no understanding
of musical notation (Operates on a piano roll or similar grid), and that
operates on a 100 mhz computer.

I've been using Anvil Studio for a while, but its numerous bugs and design
flaws are hindering my work.

Can anyone reccommend a program to fit my needs?
Thanks.

2. Hardcard II with OS/2

3. cheap, good sound module reccomendation

4. Display Problem with 2000 Server

5. Reccomendations for PC programmable midi foot controllers

6. Animation

7. Synth reccomendations

8. Proposal: Extending Final Overriders

9. Need reccomendations for good sound card

10. sample reccomendation?

11. Sequencer Reccomendations Please

12. Compatible soundcard 4 Athlon XP Processor APCI Uniprocessor NVIDIA NForce Platform Architecture

13. Question: Soundcard for Acid Pro 4.0