MIDI adapter cable from S.B GOLD 64 to MIDI Keyboard

MIDI adapter cable from S.B GOLD 64 to MIDI Keyboard

Post by TRUC PHA » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Some one know how make a adapter cable from 15 pin MIDI/Joystick of
Sound Blaster Card to real MIDI IN/OUT of MIDI Keyboard.

--
http://www.veryComputer.com/
Legal Warning: Anyone sending me unsolicited/commercial/junk/spam e-mail

Post by Tal » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> Some one know how make a adapter cable from 15 pin MIDI/Joystick of
> Sound Blaster Card to real MIDI IN/OUT of MIDI Keyboard.

> --
> http://www.veryComputer.com/
> Legal Warning: Anyone sending me unsolicited/commercial/junk/spam e-mail
> WILL be charged a US$500 proof-reading fee.  Do NOT send unsolicited
> adverti*ts and do NOT add my e-mail address to your list(s):
> "By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets
> the definition of a telephone fax machine.  By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is
> unlawful to send any unsolicited adverti*t to such equipment.  By
> Sec. 227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
> punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever
> is greater, for each violation."

        make? why make?  go buy...  Friendly Neighborhood Music store can
either sell you one, or order one in...  20 bucks canadian for a
computer-keyboard midi cable.

Post by TRUC PHA » Thu, 19 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> > Some one know how make a adapter cable from 15 pin MIDI/Joystick of
> > Sound Blaster Card to real MIDI IN/OUT of MIDI Keyboard.

>         make? why make?  go buy...  Friendly Neighborhood Music store can
> either sell you one, or order one in...  20 bucks canadian for a
> computer-keyboard midi cable.

I hope I could buy!? Only store we have local is Best Buy and they do
not have it. They tell me to call Sound Blaster Company and order!!!
One time I read somewhere that we could make it from Radio Shark parks!

Post by Tal » Thu, 19 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> > > Some one know how make a adapter cable from 15 pin MIDI/Joystick of
> > > Sound Blaster Card to real MIDI IN/OUT of MIDI Keyboard.

> >         make? why make?  go buy...  Friendly Neighborhood Music store can
> > either sell you one, or order one in...  20 bucks canadian for a
> > computer-keyboard midi cable.

> I hope I could buy!? Only store we have local is Best Buy and they do
> not have it. They tell me to call Sound Blaster Company and order!!!
> One time I read somewhere that we could make it from Radio Shark parks!

> --
> http://www.veryComputer.com/
> Legal Warning: Anyone sending me unsolicited/commercial/junk/spam e-mail
> WILL be charged a US$500 proof-reading fee.  Do NOT send unsolicited
> adverti*ts and do NOT add my e-mail address to your list(s):
> "By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets
> the definition of a telephone fax machine.  By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is
> unlawful to send any unsolicited adverti*t to such equipment.  By
> Sec. 227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
> punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever
> is greater, for each violation."

        hmmm, I dunno how to _make_ them, but this best buy store should be
able to order one in for you...

MIDI adapter cable from S.B GOLD 64 to MIDI Keyboard

Post by Mr. Cle » Fri, 20 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> >         make? why make?  go buy...  Friendly Neighborhood Music store can
> > either sell you one, or order one in...  20 bucks canadian for a
> > computer-keyboard midi cable.

> I hope I could buy!? Only store we have local is Best Buy and they do
> not have it. They tell me to call Sound Blaster Company and order!!!
> One time I read somewhere that we could make it from Radio Shark parks!

Music stores like Sam Ash & Guitar Center often carry them for $20-25.

Post by Nicholas Bal » Sat, 21 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>> > Some one know how make a adapter cable from 15 pin MIDI/Joystick of
>> > Sound Blaster Card to real MIDI IN/OUT of MIDI Keyboard.

>>         make? why make?  go buy...  Friendly Neighborhood Music store can
>> either sell you one, or order one in...  20 bucks canadian for a
>> computer-keyboard midi cable.

>I hope I could buy!? Only store we have local is Best Buy and they do
>not have it. They tell me to call Sound Blaster Company and order!!!
>One time I read somewhere that we could make it from Radio Shark parks!

You can order it online from Creative at:
http://www.soundblaster.com/accessories/audio/

Cheers,

Nick.
--

===|||==== The Atari ST Quick FAQ ===================== hol.fr
  / | \   http://wwwperso.hol.fr/~nbales/quickfaq.htm

MIDI adapter cable from S.B GOLD 64 to MIDI Keyboard

Post by John Kiolbas » Sun, 22 Feb 1998 04:00:00

If you really want to build your own, go to
http://www.creaf.com/wwwnew/tech/ftp/ftp-beta.html

They have a download available there which will give you the info you
need to build one from scratch.

    - John Kiolbasa

Post by David Zobe » Sun, 22 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>> > Some one know how make a adapter cable from 15 pin MIDI/Joystick of
>> > Sound Blaster Card to real MIDI IN/OUT of MIDI Keyboard.

>>         make? why make?  go buy...  Friendly Neighborhood Music store can
>> either sell you one, or order one in...  20 bucks canadian for a
>> computer-keyboard midi cable.

>I hope I could buy!? Only store we have local is Best Buy and they do
>not have it. They tell me to call Sound Blaster Company and order!!!
>One time I read somewhere that we could make it from Radio Shark parks!

If you have Visa or Mastercard you can purchase on the net.

Try www.musiciansfriend.com

Dave

Post by Tal » Mon, 23 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> >>         make? why make?  go buy...  Friendly Neighborhood Music store can
> >> either sell you one, or order one in...  20 bucks canadian for a
> >> computer-keyboard midi cable.

> >I hope I could buy!? Only store we have local is Best Buy and they do
> >not have it. They tell me to call Sound Blaster Company and order!!!
> >One time I read somewhere that we could make it from Radio Shark parks!

> If you have Visa or Mastercard you can purchase on the net.

> Try www.musiciansfriend.com

> Dave

        Wait a minute... is this for an AWE64 Gold?  Is the card a retail card?
or OEM?  because the AWE64 gold retail card comes with a
computer-keyboard cable..