Help: Playback problem

Post by Gar » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 10:47:21

I am running my midifiles on a Compaq Presario 1200, laptop, using
Cakewalk 9.0, a USB connection into a midiman 1X1, to a Yamaha
Portasound 225, then using the headphone connection out to my powered
mixer. This once worked fine. The midis don't sound bad but, I'm
noticing that during segments of each song, the song hesitates (seems
to temporarily slow down)periodically, and I can't figure out why.
This definately won't work during live performance, and I don't know
what to do about it.  I've run diagnostics on the computer,
hard-drive, etc. and that all seems o.k.  Anyone got any ideas of what
the problem might be?

Help: Playback problem

Post by JB Seattl » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:21:41

Something is eating up memory in the laptop and when it goes into the swap
mode, the midi suffers.  You should eliminate everything running in the
background on the laptop when using midi.
JB

Quote:> I am running my midifiles on a Compaq Presario 1200, laptop, using
> Cakewalk 9.0, a USB connection into a midiman 1X1, to a Yamaha
> Portasound 225, then using the headphone connection out to my powered
> mixer. This once worked fine. The midis don't sound bad but, I'm
> noticing that during segments of each song, the song hesitates (seems
> to temporarily slow down)periodically, and I can't figure out why.
> This definately won't work during live performance, and I don't know
> what to do about it.  I've run diagnostics on the computer,
> hard-drive, etc. and that all seems o.k.  Anyone got any ideas of what
> the problem might be?

1. Problems with simultaneously recording audio/playback midi please help me!!!

Please help me! I have big problems with recording audio while
simultaneousley playing back midi. I use windows95 and it doesn`t
matter what program I use for the purpose, the midi always
becomes untight when I start recording on to my harddrive. I have
asked many persons if they know what my problem is, but nobody
ever heard of it. So please, if anyone could help me Id be very
grateful!

My equipment is:
Pentium 100
32mb ram
Win95
CD-rom
Qantum fireball Harddrive
Turtle Beach Tahiti sound card
Grafic card,CL 5436

2. Need Pathworks Files for WFWG 3.11

3. Assistance with Finale 2002 problem - playback not working

4. Newbie:number of hits per day query

5. Problem: No different instruments on MIDI Playback on CASIO CT655

6. comp.binaries.atari.st

7. Midi Playback Problem

8. Does OS/2 Warp replace OS/2 2.1?

9. VST Playback Problems (audio stutter)

10. Wave playback problems in Winamp/Media Player

11. Wave Playback Problems/Wavelab

12. ProAudio9 midi playback problem

13. Midi Volume Playback Problem