"MIDI IN" not working

Post by Jesús Ma Lópe » Mon, 25 Mar 2002 04:14:09

Until now I use a Music Quest adapter (ISA) to connect my keyboard to the PC
and is working OK. Now I am planning to change the PC but the new one does
not have ISA slots, so I have made a cable to get the MIDI interface from
the game port of the sound card.

I have use the design described in the page
www.borg.com/~jglatt/hardware/pc_intfc.htm and it works OK the output from
the PC but I could not get any signal from the keyboard.

I have looked the circuitry and it looks all OK, so I am suspecting that the
problem could be in the sound card.
I have done a test but I am not sure it is a good test. I have connected the
MIDI OUT of the game port (pin 12) to the MIDI IN of the game port (pin 15)
and, while reproducing a MIDI file, I am not receiving anything thru the
MIDI IN with a music program.

I hope that some guru of electronics and music could tell me if that test
should work (and the card is wrong) or I am wrong and the problem is other.

Thx
jl

1. "MIDI IN" not working

[...]

2. HELP!!!!

3. """""""""""""ELECTRICAL APPRENTICE RETIRES, INFO INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Join!

6. Heres One for you!!!

8. Installing DJGPP

9. Need MIDI ""TO"" MOD Converter

10. "Dragonheart" or "Mulan" midis?

11. REQ: Military songs: "Taps" & "Rebelly" in midi.

12. i am looking for this midi files of blur: "universal", "beetlebum",

13. Midi files wanted: "Fly like an eagle" and "2 become 1"