Where can I find a REFERENCE OF MIDI I/O MESSAGES

Post by C.C. » Mon, 26 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Where can I find a REFERENCE OF MIDI I/O MESSAGES

Try: http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/
I think you'll find there what you're looking for.

Greetings,
C.C.
=+=+=+=+=+=+=
To Reply:
Put an extra 'e' in the name 'kes' to read 'kees' (DAMN SPAM)

1. That ^#@!*%' MOTU Device Not Found Message!!

Hello!!

Perhaps, some kind soul would like to venture a guess as to how this
MIDI setup can be made more stable...

*8 bit MIDI Express PC (updated for W95)
*HR16 drum machine
*PSR300 Yamaha Keyboard
*v1.0 Cakewalk

I have the Keyboard into and out of port 1.
The HR16 is into and out of port 2.

There are frequent "MOTU Device Not Found" messages even when it has
successfully laid down a previous track.  Often this happens after using
software to change cabling or setups.

I like to use the Yamaha as a controller for the HR16 (I do this via a
software custom setup in the MOTU app).  Once done, I like to switch
back to Yamaha as a solo device (via MOTU app).

The MOTU software will show the change in cabling or setup but the
keyboard keys still generate drum sounds when I hit them.  I'll have to
turn both MIDI devices on and off to stop this.

Then, when the keyboard no longer controls the drums, I am unable to get
the sequencer to record the MIDI I am playing on the keyboard (onto a
new track) even though the port setting (for that new track) in Cakewalk
is correct.

By this time, I usually get the "MOTU device not found" message.  I
resort to re-booting the MOTU software but this whole scenario seems
like far too much trouble for something that's supposed to save time.

Could there possibly be a compatability issue between v1.0 of Cakewalk
and the 8 bit MOTU MIDI Express PC device?  I am quite certain that the
MOTU IO address of 340 is unique however, the MOTU manual says that the
IRQ for the device is determined by the sequencer at run time.

My apoligies for the length of this post but given the abstract nature
of the problem, it is hard to do justice to it with fewer words. :D

In earnest,
Eric Rosen

2. Spam filter for PPC?

3. C++ midi programming reference...

4. SN Vol 35 #1 3040 First Jiro Enabled Certified Products

5. syncing MIDI tempo to external reference

6. Project 2000 - Gantt View (Std Rate)

7. Know a good MIDI reference book?

8. InfoRover vs. AvantGo

9. Good MIDI/AUDIO/ELECTRONIC/MUSIC Reference

10. midi and C++ programming reference

11. best pair of reference monitors?

12. Recommend Good Technical Reference?

13. ** Need References For Roland Sysex Model ID Values **