A good 2 IN, 4 OUT MIDI box buy?

Post by dtm » Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:46:33

I was loooking to (finally) do a decent MIDI setup with my Mac.

2 IN, 4 OUT is about what I need. USB prefered. PC interfacing optional.

Can I do better than the Emagic MT-4?

 Posted with Hogwasher. Mac first, Mac only:
     http://www.asar.com/cgi-bin/product.pl?58/hogwasher.html

A good 2 IN, 4 OUT MIDI box buy?

Post by sjg » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 00:14:57

I suggest you look MIDIMAN products, there are quiet good and cheap too.

Bye

Quote:> I was loooking to (finally) do a decent MIDI setup with my Mac.

> 2 IN, 4 OUT is about what I need. USB prefered. PC interfacing optional.

> Can I do better than the Emagic MT-4?

> --

>  Posted with Hogwasher. Mac first, Mac only:
>      http://www.asar.com/cgi-bin/product.pl?58/hogwasher.html

A good 2 IN, 4 OUT MIDI box buy?

Post by Gert-Jan Wiersema jr » Sun, 23 Sep 2001 08:16:28

Hello DTM,

Have a Midiman USB 2x2 myself and very happy with it. I know people with the
MT-4 and they're also happy about that.

Midiman has a 2x2 and a 4x4 USB, not a 2x4 I'm afraid. Midiman is also a bit
more expensive. I think the MT4 will do fine.

This is what a friend says about his MT-4:

---
Price Paid: US $150
Ease of Use: 9
This is a midiman thing. Just plug it in, and you have 4 midi outs and 2
midi in.
Very easy to use.
You though have to install the driver. No win dows 2000 (NT5) support, but
will be there very soon.

Features: 9
No features, just plugin and rock!
No worrys about timing delays, mt4 rocks really! :)
4 outs, and 2 midi ins. that's it.
6 led's for the signal;. and one to see whetehr usb works. And you can patch
on it using some software, but I never use that. I just plug my cables in
and have fun.

Expressiveness/Sounds: 9
It's reacting is ok, although I get some timing delays, but that's my
computer system. (PII300 MHz)

Reliability: 10
Defitely! Never let me down!

Customer Support: 8
Website is very good! Once send an email and took 1 week, to reply. They
said they were busy writing the driver for windows 2000.

Overall Rating: 10
It does what it has to do, without knobs or bullshit :) It's just good
stuff, and is reconized in Cubase Logic and Cakewalk.
have fun with it. This midiinterface is what you need. Or buy the Unator8,
which has 8 ins and outs.

Submitted by Sheep at 01/12/2001 02:19
---
From: http://www.harmony-central.com/Synth/Data/Emagic/MT4-01.html