faders in midi mixer/inspector do not move when cc 7 (volume) and cc 10 (pan) are recorded

faders in midi mixer/inspector do not move when cc 7 (volume) and cc 10 (pan) are recorded

Post by O_Ze » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:36:40

cubase sx problem: I record CC 7 and CC 10 data into cubase sx and the
faders do not move

hi

Was just wondering. I can record volume 7 volume changes into my midi
tracks, but the faders in the inspector view do not change or move.
The same ampplies with PAN. I wish I could see the faders move in my
midi mixer and in the inspector view. If i rewind my just recorded
midi track, I can hear the volume go down and I can hear the left andr
right pan, but the numbers  and faders do not move along with it.

How can I cahnge this? What controllers do the graphical faders use?
Or can they online be chaged realtime with the use of a mouse?

that sucks

ps: i heard you can do this in sonar. In my old cakewalk 6, each time
I changed my volume wheel, i could see the volume faders move on my
screen.

I wish cubase sx could do this.

thanks

1. Recording pre-defined arrays of CCs.

Greetings!

For a project, I need to apply lots of fast changing volume changes
to some midi tracks. I want to set the volume controller (CC#7) to 127
on the first 1/16 note, then to 0 on the next 1/16 note, 127 on the next
1/16 note and so on.... The problem is that on some places, I want to do
it for every 1/32 note, others at every 1/8 note and I want to be able
to do this "realtime". The ideal thing would be a solution where I could
press one key on the master keyboard and the sequencer would record an
array of volume changes for every 1/16 note, if I pressed another key it
would be for every 1/32 note, another key for 1/8 etc   It doesn't have
to work like this, but I hope you get the picture.     (I want something
more than copy-paste, something I can do while recording)

Is this possible, or am I asking too much?

Dag Erlandsen, Funcom Oslo. "I speak for myself, not Funcom"

"I love deadlines.  I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly
by."
                                                -- Douglas Adams

2. Sending calculations to another system in Simulink

3. CC)Control Change -Recording from MC 505 with VST[deutsch auch vorhanden]

4. Week of year

5. Can you control the midi/audio volume faders in Cubase VST with an external hardware mixer?!

6. Winmodem stuck at 28.8

7. sending midi cc's from Boss dr202 drum machine

8. how to prevent this mail spamming in qmail

9. CC Message

10. Sysex and cc's

11. CC -> SysEx for Juno

12. --- HELP: Trying to find email address for: gabriel.cc.emory.edu ---