HELP PLEASE!! - CUBASE/TAHITI/DB50XG MIDI SETUP!

HELP PLEASE!! - CUBASE/TAHITI/DB50XG MIDI SETUP!

Post by Daz Ryde » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I hope someone out there can help me!

Firstly, I am a guitar player, and MIDI is all new to me, but that said,
I did configure my own PC system, so I'm not a total techno-phobe!!

The problem I have:

I'm using a Turtle Beach Tahiti and Yamaha DB50XG under windows 95.
I recently bought an Evolution Music Creator Pro MIDI controller
Keyboard to aid me in my programming.

Using Cubase 3.0, I cannot get any MIDI signals going IN to the MIDI
interface.

I get MIDI OUT (shown by the green "lamp" on the transport bar), but no
MIDI IN signal. I know the controller works, as I can change patches on
a BOSS GT-5 Effects processor using the keyboard.

I tried looping the MIDI IN and MIDI OUT from the sound card together to
see if it complained or lit the MIDI IN lamp - it did not!

All I can assume, is either the cable is duff (from the sound card -
unlikely!), or the MIDI interface is not correctly set-up!

According to the Cubase manual, the problem would appear to be the
latter - they suggest an IRQ conflict - but the Win 95 device manager
shows no conflicts!!

Has any one any idea's about this? Can anyone help? Please!!!???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

(Please can you copy any responses by e-mail also, as I have a slight
news configuration problem!!)

        ..later..

Daz Ryder - ADRENALIN KICK

ADRENALIN KICK on the web:      http://www.deadpool.demon.co.uk/index.htm
                                http://www.mindspring.com/~pms/ak

1. DB50XG/AWE32 setup, HELP please.

I'm running Windows 3.1.  Added a DB50 to my AWE32.  I'm not sure what
to select in *MIDI MAPPER* in order to hear the sounds on the DB50XG.
I read the manuals and I'm still confused  :(
The following  post I saw here a while back confused me even more!
I had the board in my computer for 2 weeks and I was going around
telling my friends that all the hype about it sucked, that it
I have the following "list" to choose from  in MIDI Mapper:

SB16 All MIDI
 "       All Synth
"       Bas MIDI
"       Bas Synth
"       Ext MIDI
"       Ext Synth

SBAWE32  All
"                 Bas
"                 Ext

To hear the DB50's sounds what should I select?
Before I added the DB50 I was using SBAWE32 Ext.....

Sure would appreciate any help in this matter.  I'm new to this MIDI
stuff.  :)
--
Fred Ives

2. ISDN static tei

3. Help: DB50XG / Cubase / Casio Setup

4. Wireless ppp? Where to go for info?

5. Tahiti/DB50XG/Cubase v3.0?????

6. Problem with opening network files

7. Cubase Audio V3!! - Drum tracks using TB Tahiti and DB50XG Help PLease!!

8. Formatnumber in XSLT and XSL-SORT.

9. Yamaha DB50XG and Tahiti?

10. Help please with 32 track midi setup

11. Very challenging MIDI setup - can you please help?

12. Win95 Midi Setup - PLEASE HELP!

13. Help Newbie with MIDI Setup, please!