Found an Excellent MIDI Package

Post by Nanett » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:53:46

Hi JB,
    Thanks for the input, I really do appreciate it.  My main issue is cost
and uncertanty.  I'm not sure I have the skill and talent to learn to play
as I aspire.  I figure for $25 + shipping I can have a unit I can learn on,
and if I suck at it, then my nephew gets a new "toy".  Can you tell me where
I can find the Prodikey of which you speak ;o).  Thanks again dude.

Nan

Nan

Found an Excellent MIDI Package

Post by JB Seattl » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 06:50:53

MusicStar is junk--goto www.creative.com
JB

Quote:> Hi JB,
>     Thanks for the input, I really do appreciate it.  My main issue is
cost
> and uncertanty.  I'm not sure I have the skill and talent to learn to play
> as I aspire.  I figure for $25 + shipping I can have a unit I can learn
on,
> and if I suck at it, then my nephew gets a new "toy".  Can you tell me
where
> I can find the Prodikey of which you speak ;o).  Thanks again dude.

> Nan

> Nan

Found an Excellent MIDI Package

Post by josm.. » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:07:49

Try this, you can use your PC keyboard as an arranger keyboard without
any additional hardware: http://www.1manband.nl You can also use a
Musicstar or Prodikeys for melody and the PC keyboard for chords.

Jos

> MusicStar is junk--goto www.creative.com
> JB

> > Hi JB,
> >     Thanks for the input, I really do appreciate it.  My main issue is
>  cost
> > and uncertanty.  I'm not sure I have the skill and talent to learn to play
> > as I aspire.  I figure for $25 + shipping I can have a unit I can learn
>  on,
> > and if I suck at it, then my nephew gets a new "toy".  Can you tell me
>  where
> > I can find the Prodikey of which you speak ;o).  Thanks again dude.

> > Nan

> > Nan

Found an Excellent MIDI Package

Post by Nanett » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 02:12:51

Thanks Jos.  It looks pretty cool.  -Nan

Found an Excellent MIDI Package

Post by Nanett » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 02:25:16

Thanks JB.  I really don't want to spend money on something that won't get
it done. if you follow me here.  I'll gladly spend more if the quality is
worth it. -Nan

Found an Excellent MIDI Package

Post by JB Seattl » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:39:42

The keyboard is only half the problem. Midi has no sound, it is a data file
to tell a sound mod or card what to sound--the most expensive controller in
the world will not make a cheap computer soundcard sound good and many
computers come with softsynths so when you hit a key on your controller
keyboard, the delay from the sound is so great you cannot compose anyway.
That is why the Prodikey is so good, it comes with a soundcard you can
use--it is not the best Creative card but beats the softsynth in your PC
motherboard sound chip.
JB

Quote:> Thanks JB.  I really don't want to spend money on something that won't get
> it done. if you follow me here.  I'll gladly spend more if the quality is
> worth it. -Nan

1. excellent midi ftp - over 10, 000 midis availible!!!

My excellent midi FTP! over 10, 000 midi files!!!!!!!!
ip = josiex.demon.co.uk
l = midi
p - the number of joke files i have on the joke section of my homepage
- www.josiex.demon.co.uk - e.g.  the password could be 35

no ratio!

2. Real Time ORB?

3. Excellent MIDI Site (5000+ MIDI Files)

4. Apple Macs/BT/ISDN/Frustration!!!!

5. FS: Prophet 5, Rev 3.2+MIDI, excellent condition

6. Looking for 1200bps modem and external Floppy...

7. Excellent MIDI Page!!!

8. Java, CORBA and Tuxedo

9. Excellent MIDI Site!!!

10. Excellent MIDI Page!!