what is MIDI rechannelling?

Post by Ben Hanso » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:11:08

If I set my synth (Korg X3) to Global MIDI channel 1, and set Cubase to
record a track on MIDI channel 5, How can it hear what is being played? I
was led to believe that the sequencing software will "intercept" the sound
coming in on channel 1 and send it to channel 5? Is that right? If so, then
what is the purpose of setting the Global MIDI channel on the synth at all?

-Ben

what is MIDI rechannelling?

Post by Günter Nagle » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:52:47

A global channel is the default channel used in solo modes e.g. program
mode where you play with one selected sound. A song mode usually has 16
channels where you can select which channel the keys play.

You can check the whole midi input with a monitoring software.

Gnter