KOAN: Pro 2 piece on display

Post by Petra » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi, Koanettes

Being so impressed with the Koan Pro 2 chords, I help but put together a
little
piece using a dance 1 template. Strings and piano just like I want 'em.

To hear it enter the gallery at:
http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~scrollbx/music/music.htm

Select the top button for 'Slouch'.

Petras

KOAN: Pro 2 piece on display

Post by Mark Harro » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi Petras,

Quote:>Being so impressed with the Koan Pro 2 chords

Wonderful feature isn't it? Lets you set up in minutes what it took
hours to do with v1 leaving you free to get on with more musical things.

Have you got stuck into the user defined controllers yet?
Huge potential for all kinds of strangeness :)

--
Mark Harrop

The Uncertain Music Corps - http://www.umcorps.demon.co.uk
"It don't mean a thing if it aint got that doubt"

KOAN: Pro 2 piece on display

Post by Pete Col » Wed, 02 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hey folks, here's a couple of tips for Koan Pro 2 ...

Quote:> >Being so impressed with the Koan Pro 2 chords

> Wonderful feature isn't it? Lets you set up in minutes what it took
> hours to do with v1 leaving you free to get on with more musical things.

To simulate e.g. a guitar chord being strummed, set a voice to chord
with
the appropriate chord depth, and then use a very small value for the
chord delay parameter ... very effective with some string patches ...

If you've set-up a voice to play chords (or arpeggios, if you use the
chord
delay parameter), don't forget that you can add "feeling" to playing
those
chords / arpeggios by using either the note delay microcontroller, or
the
chord delay range parameter ...

Quote:> Have you got stuck into the user defined controllers yet?
> Huge potential for all kinds of strangeness :)

One of my favourites is to set-up two user microcontrollers on a voice
set both to control the Pan controller ...
but set both to use different timing cycles, and maybe different
waveforms.
Effect : an awesome bouncing pan effect ... can be incredibly effective
for dance music ! Even better for an XG system, where you can control
the
pan position of *individual* drum instruments in a drum kit like this,
if
you use the correct XG Drum Pan controller ... :-)

Any other tips ? :-)

Pete