Cadenza music sequencer?

Post by Rory Davidso » Mon, 26 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Aways back, I used to use Cadenza for Windows .31 for midi sequencing, and
have still got quite a few files with a '.sng' file type. Basically I want
to retrieve these files and get them back into a useable midi format.

Looking around the web, it seems that Cadenza is long gone, so I was
wondering if anyone knew where I could get a copy, or if there is any other
software which will read old Cadenza files?

Thanks in advance,

Rory

Cadenza music sequencer?

Post by Chris Laarma » Wed, 28 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I guess no other sequencer would recognize proprietary Cadenza files.
(Beware, Voyetra also has an .SNG format.)

If you should still have your Cadenza
1)  couldn't you save your SNGs as MIDs?
2)  you could play back your files through MIDI to another computer running
any sequencer to record them to  Standard MIDI Files.
---
Chris Laarman
(Amsterdam, NL)

Rory Davidson heeft geschreven in bericht

Quote:>Aways back, I used to use Cadenza for Windows .31 for midi sequencing, and
>have still got quite a few files with a '.sng' file type. Basically I want
>to retrieve these files and get them back into a useable midi format.

Cadenza music sequencer?

Post by Rory Davidso » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Cadenza could definately save to .mid format.

The problem is that I brought Cadenza way back, and since then the floppy
disks have worn
and got corrupted, hence no Cadenza and no way to convert my .sng files to
.mid. It's *y
frustrating, as all I want to do is open the .sng files, and then do a save
as.... to .mid.

Which leads me back to my question... if I can't get hold of the software
now, is there anyway
to do this?

Cheers,

Rory

> >Cadenza could save to MID format, and it's successor (MixPak?, its a
> >while since I've used it) could also load SNG format and save to MID
> >format.

> I've just had a look at the box for the successor to Cadenza.  The
> name is MaxPak.

> Noel

Cadenza music sequencer?

Post by Rory Davidso » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Cadenza could definately save to .mid format.

The problem is that I brought Cadenza way back, and since then the floppy
disks have worn
and got corrupted, hence no Cadenza and no way to convert my .sng files to
.mid. It's *y
frustrating, as all I want to do is open the .sng files, and then do a save
as.... to .mid.

Which leads me back to my question... if I can't get hold of the software
now, is there anyway
to do this?

Cheers,

Rory

> >Cadenza could save to MID format, and it's successor (MixPak?, its a
> >while since I've used it) could also load SNG format and save to MID
> >format.

> I've just had a look at the box for the successor to Cadenza.  The
> name is MaxPak.

> Noel

1. Cadenza MIDI Diary

Just a quick plug for the Cadenza MIDI Diary, putting up
a new original MIDI file every day since November 1997 at :

http://www.cadenza.org/midi/?a

We've got about 1900 pieces in the archive, and they're
all still available online.

If you'd like to submit a new piece, please read our
instructions at :

http://www.cadenza.org/midi/submit.htm?a

Happy composing!

2. PPP callback over ISDN

3. Cadenza MIDI Diary playlist

4. Problems with DataBinding of Textboxes when refilling the DataSet

5. This week at the Cadenza MIDI Diary ...

6. New Delphine game demo

7. OOTW "secret message"

8. "Sequencers are Killing Music" -- where is it?

9. Music-X Amiga to PC Sequencer

10. music sequencers

11. Is the Sequencer Killing Music

12. Microsoft DirectMusic (Was: Is the Sequencer Killing Music)