eVolution mk261 keybd, Win 98 SE, MPU401 serial port input, Roland UM1 USB port input

eVolution mk261 keybd, Win 98 SE, MPU401 serial port input, Roland UM1 USB port input

Post by chln.. » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:59:18

I am not getting too far in adding these ingredients into a "recipe"
that works.  My MIDI mapping allows me to get as far as recognising
the presence of my USB RolandUM1 interface to an external keyboard;
but time and again "MMSYSTEM003 driver not enabled" appears.  The
MPU401 driver is not recognised at all, and the new hardware search
fails to detect an input thro the joystick port.  Each of the drivers
when looked at under CP/System/Device Manager has a yellow disc
containing an exclamation mark - and when examined, says that there is
a problem but it does not know what the problem is!  Anyone else been
down this road?  :))

1. Newbie Question on OS-X MIDI Input via Serial Port

I've got a Roland XP-10 midi keyboard, which plugs into the serial port
(I installed a serial port in place of my internal modem) of my dual-450
mz. G4 Macintosh. I had this working correctly on OS-9, but I'm a total
newbie to getting this to work on OS-X.

What is the correct way to get my keyboard to work with OS-X? Do I need
to install drivers? OS-9 had OMS, etc. Do I need to install something
like that for OS-X? Thanks very much in advance to all for any info.

-Vik

2. Replace CALS SBS 2003

3. Can't get MIDI input from my device to Win XP + Game Port MIDI

4. NN testing problems

5. Maximum Ports Win 98 ?

6. Help getting started on a computer controled system

7. Win 98 blue screen when adding virtual midi ports (hubis/vsampler/gigasampler)

8. Can ActiveX controls be instantiated at runtime?

9. MIDI port vi Serial port

10. input port on Yamaha XM 729 ?

11. I am looking for 2Port/SE Driver for Win 95/98

12. Win-95 serial port MIDI driver (to use with Yamaha CBX-T3 tone generator)?