Good MIDI/AUDIO/ELECTRONIC/MUSIC Reference

Good MIDI/AUDIO/ELECTRONIC/MUSIC Reference

Post by Ron Ginsbe » Sat, 04 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I often see questions in this conference from MIDI cable wiring connector
profiles and circuits to patch names and other issues. The MUSIC TECHNOLOGY
REFERENCE BOOK, Buick and Lennard, PC Publishing, ISBN 1-870775-34-1, is a
good reference with some examples covering software, hardware, musical
composition issues, production techniques, acoustics, and so on for the
electronic musician and recording engineer.

This is a summary reference, not for a beginner, and offers insites into
complex issues that can lead to solutions. As an example, popular percussion
grooves are illustrated, sequencer effect basics, music tables, and lots of
MIDI reference material.

I purchased it for $15.95 US at Barnes and Noble. I get a lot of answers in
one place. Just passing this gem (IMHO) on.