Distributing clients and software

Post by Andrew Klin » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

We are gearing up to install SMS 2.0 across our LAN. There's one issue that
I have a concern about.distributing software and the client installs when a
mandatory profile is in effect.

Does SMS 2.0 rise above the level of the profile to do what it has to do
independent of what a profile says it can and cannot do?

TIA

Andrew Kline
Network Administrator
The Reading Hospital & Medical Center

1. SBS: Update/Add software distributed via SBS console to Clients/Users

Hi
In a small company network I would like to add software to the list of
software which can be distributed via SBS console (like e.g. anti-virus
software) menu "Add software to an computer". I would also like to add e.g.
the newest IE and other security updates. Does anyone know how to
administrate this.....

Best regards

Christian Pallesen

2. Multiple IP addresses

3. Distributing software to Pocket PC clients with SMS 2.0

4. IPaq 3800 and SD Disks

5. SMS 2.0: Re-distributing software to a client

6. Palm3 PPP link without modem?

7. Distribute Software to network

8. Amy mags Free if U pick up

9. SUFP Distribute Software Updates Problems

10. SMS2003 - "Distribute Software Updates" option no longer there..

11. Feature Pack Distribute Software Updates question

12. Can SMS Distribute Software to Citrix Server

13. Distributing software over the Internet w/SMS?