I have a problem with the PCMSVC32.exe coming with SP4.
I tried the one which can be downloaded from the smsmgmt site, (I think this
is the SP3 or later one), but when trying to apply some registry settings to
the HKCU hive it worked different from what I suspected.
It adds the reg entries to the SID associated with the service account
associated with the PCMSVC service instead of the the currently logged on
After applying SP4 to my SMS site and updating the PCMSVC32.exe on my test
PC the following problem occurs.
The mandatory date set by creating the job is somewhere being changed to
October 6 2033 20:55, which prevents the job from running via the PCM
service for a long time. I found this date by reading the pacman.log on the
client. In this log file this date is called InstallByDate.
The client is the only one running Windows NT 4.0 SP4, the rest (servers)
are still on SP3, I'm not sure whether this matters.