recommend a SMS book for a novice?

Post by f.. » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

The title says it all.

I'm interested in learning more about SMS 2.0, so I'd like to pick up
a book and just do some reading.

This would be for a pretty novice user, no sql experience or sms
experience.  I do have novell and NT experience, both workstation and
server.

thanks

recommend a SMS book for a novice?

Post by MOF » Thu, 11 May 2000 04:00:00

Systems Management Server 2
24 7 series
by William Heldman.

really good read and it had me laughing as well.

good book to get a feel for sms's functioality and use with lots of real
life examples...

But there's plenty of great books on SMS out there and there's not many I've
read that haven't taught me something new.

Quote:> The title says it all.

> I'm interested in learning more about SMS 2.0, so I'd like to pick up
> a book and just do some reading.

> This would be for a pretty novice user, no sql experience or sms
> experience.  I do have novell and NT experience, both workstation and
> server.

> thanks

recommend a SMS book for a novice?

Post by Trac » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

A wonderful resource:

Microsoft SMS Installer
BY:  Rod Trent
ISBN: 0-07-212447-4

1. Can anyone recommend good SBS book?

Mike
I would also strongly recommend that you get the SBS 4.5 Resource Kit
available from MSPress Online
Another book I have found extremely helpful is the Microsoft Exchange 5.5
Administrator's Companion ISBN 0735606463.

Good luck and come here any time we can assist

2. pagefile.sys

3. Can anyone recommend a book?

4. Glaring

5. Pse. Recommend A Book

6. WTB: Apple II Software - Arcade games

7. Recommended books for SBS2000

8. IP address without InterNICs Domain Name Server right?

9. Can you recommend a good book?

10. Recommend a book?

11. BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS

12. Novice question on SMS

13. Steps for client detection/install for SMS 2.0 novice