installer reboot won't pass security logon banner

installer reboot won't pass security logon banner

Post by jwalter » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 20:46:08

Also, keyboard controls are locked after every reboot because the installer
is trying to run.....OH Boy.

installer reboot won't pass security logon banner

Post by jwalter » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 20:44:15

I am trying to install IE5.5 to a test machine and when it reboots and trys
to logon it freezes at the logon security banner. How do I modify the
installer to hit enter on the logon banner? Logon needs to be: Ctl+Alt+Del
then Enter then Logon.

Buler? Buler?

installer reboot won't pass security logon banner

Post by Kevi » Sun, 29 Apr 2001 02:44:20

says...
Quote:> I am trying to install IE5.5 to a test machine and when it reboots and trys
> to logon it freezes at the logon security banner. How do I modify the
> installer to hit enter on the logon banner? Logon needs to be: Ctl+Alt+Del
> then Enter then Logon.

> Buler? Buler?

This is an idea without really thinking it through.  So bear with me.

Use an autologon.  This is a registry value that reads a *clear text*
password from the reg and logs on the administrator.  I believe TweakUI
has this as one of its options.  If you are using SMS Installer you can
have it populate the registry key, finish the install and then delete
the reg key.

I think I will try that :^)

1. Logon Security banner Foils install, how to bypass?????

I am trying to install IE5.5 to a test machine and when it reboots and trys
to logon it freezes at the logon security banner. How do I modify the
installer to hit enter on the logon banner? Logon needs to be: Ctl+Alt+Del
then Enter then Logon.

Buler? Buler?

2. 2GB filesize limits in HP-UX11i (11.11) 64 bit

3. Installer Package doesn't reboot via PCMWIN16 on Win95 Client

4. Comp.software-eng mini-FAQ (weekly)

5. 'logon server' or 'domain logons'?

6. Disk partitioning?

7. BDC Logon Points won't become CAP's

8. IIS won't start after reboot

9. IIS won't start correctly after Server Reboot

10. Install won't resume after reboot

11. NEW SMS Installer Won't overwrite

12. SMS installer won't run