Controlling package distribution speed

Post by Brett f> » Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:56:11

Is there any "rule" to follow when trying to estimate how many clients in an
adverti*t will run the adverti*t at the same time.

Hope the question is clear enough.

Brett.

Controlling package distribution speed

Post by sms admi » Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:18:15

if it's sms 2.0 you're talking about and you create the adverti*t well
ahead of time, all clients that are targeted that are turned on will run it
at pretty much the same time.

if it's something huge, you need to stagger your advertisments.

Quote:> Is there any "rule" to follow when trying to estimate how many clients in
an
> adverti*t will run the adverti*t at the same time.

> Hope the question is clear enough.

> Brett.

1. Inventory/Distribution over 28.8 modem speeds?

I'm responsible for deploying a site server that will communicate with
30 sites, some of which are linked via 28.8kb modems.  I'm curious to
know if anyone's pushed or collected information over such speed, and
what kind of problems you encountered.

Tia!
Nichole

  le_nichole.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Forwarders for Windows 2000

3. Speeding Up Sowftware Distribution Process

4. JAVA -> comp.lang.c++.java ??

5. Speed of SW-Distribution

6. It's called CYA

7. Speeding Up Software Distribution

8. Seagate 180Gbyte drives on SB1000?

9. Remote control speed

10. Remote Control speed over 64K

11. Remote Control Speed - Tip & Question

12. SMS Remote control so slow..how to speed it up?

13. Remote Control Speed Problems with Compaq 4000N 6200 Cients