Prevent job from executing when using RAS?

Prevent job from executing when using RAS?

Post by Todd Boohe » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

How can I prevent a mandatory job from running on my clients when they
are dialing in to our network via RAS.  All of the clients are Windows NT
4.0, sp4
and where using SMS 1.2, sp4.  All of the clients were installed manually so
we
don't have any SMS commands in the login script.

Thanks,

Todd

Prevent job from executing when using RAS?

Post by Charles Kereke » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Have you tried checking the "Assignments are not mandatory over slow links"
on the adverti*t's Schedule tab?

If you tried and it still does not work, you may want to create a separate
IP subnet for your RAS clients, create a collection for that subnet, and
advertise the package to this collection without assigning it.

Charlie

Quote:> How can I prevent a mandatory job from running on my clients when they
> are dialing in to our network via RAS.  All of the clients are Windows NT
> 4.0, sp4
> and where using SMS 1.2, sp4.  All of the clients were installed manually
so
> we
> don't have any SMS commands in the login script.

> Thanks,

> Todd

Prevent job from executing when using RAS?

Post by Todd Boohe » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Is that tab in SMS 1.2?  I don't see it.

Thanks,

Todd

> Have you tried checking the "Assignments are not mandatory over slow
links"
> on the adverti*t's Schedule tab?

> If you tried and it still does not work, you may want to create a separate
> IP subnet for your RAS clients, create a collection for that subnet, and
> advertise the package to this collection without assigning it.

> Charlie

> > How can I prevent a mandatory job from running on my clients when they
> > are dialing in to our network via RAS.  All of the clients are Windows
NT
> > 4.0, sp4
> > and where using SMS 1.2, sp4.  All of the clients were installed
manually
> so
> > we
> > don't have any SMS commands in the login script.

> > Thanks,

> > Todd

Prevent job from executing when using RAS?

Post by Charles Kereke » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Sorry, I assumed that you were using SMS 2.0. I see that in your original
message you did say SMS 1.2, so I guess I just missed it. My world has been
revolving around SMS 2.0 for the past two months so I assumed everyone else
is too.

Charlie

Quote:> Is that tab in SMS 1.2?  I don't see it.

> Thanks,

Prevent job from executing when using RAS?

Post by Brian Alle » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

We use a program called checkras, put it in the logon script and if it
returns true skip the SMS parts.

Its available from Microsoft. In the NT 4.0 RDK I think.

Quote:>How can I prevent a mandatory job from running on my clients when they
>are dialing in to our network via RAS

1. Prevent a job from executing when connecting via RAS?

How can I prevent a mandatory job from running on my clients when they
are dialing in to our network via RAS.  All of the clients are Windows NT
4.0, sp4
and where using SMS 1.2, sp4.  All of the clients were installed manually so
we
don't have any SMS commands in the login script.

Thanks,

Todd

2. ORACLE7 Products

3. when i send a job to a client, i want the job to execute itself???

4. Invalid Procedure Call or argument

5. How to prevent Proxy using RAS to access the Internet?

6. Vote for the best games. (Which ones R U buying?)

7. Job not executed on the client

8. This is the story driving the markets today.

9. about "working directory" when execute a job...

10. NT Workstations do not execute SMS jobs

11. SMS job that executes two commands

12. Logon Script NOT executed when logging on through RAS?