Clients not regestering with Seconday site

Clients not regestering with Seconday site

Post by Jim Wals » Sun, 02 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello All,

I have an sms1.2 SMSsp4 network with 2 secondary sites. When I add clients
at one of the secondary sites they do not all show up in the client list. I
have 2 servers and 8 workstations The workstations have been added using
runsms.bat. I see the servers and at first had WS#6 listed but no other
workstations. I have run the runsms.bat file 9 times and now I see WS#2 but
I do not see WS#6. When I look at the properties for the
secondary site they all look OK.

Does anyone have any Ideas why the workstations are not showing up as
registered ?

Thanks
Jim Walsh MCSE+

1. Advertisements not being received at seconday site clients.

Looking through MS newsgroups, it was suggested to delete the package and
recreate it. The postings stated that it worked for a couple of people. I
didn't delete my original, but created a new package with a different name.
Using the distmgr.log file, I could see that it deployed to all of the sites
properly. I then assigned the program to a test machine, but it still won't
pick up the advertisement. I rebooted the test machine, as well as the SMS
servers, but still nothing. I think that my main problem is that the package
advertisements aren't getting picked up by the clients. The package seems to
be there properly. Anybody got any ideas?

2. HELP... Using a Listbox in an ItemTemplate

3. Inventory and client on Seconday Site

4. Certificate Services General Question...?

5. Installing New Seconday Site in New SMS Hierarchy

6. CF cards

7. Comm. w/ seconday site

8. fonts problem with XDVI

9. Clients from an old SMS site installation, not recognised by new SMS site

10. Client does not install or be assigned as client on Secondary site

11. Some clients not getting the client agent or site code

12. sms clients listed with no site and not a client member

13. SMS 1.2 - Promote Seconday to Primary?