Promoting SMS 2.0

Post by itsuppor » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

Hello World!

Can anybody tell me how I can promote a secondary site to be a primary site?

I want to get rid of my old SMS server and install it on a new SMS server!

If I try to do an install it tells me that it is going to delete my SQL
database and create a new one.....Note: The SQL database is running on a
seperate server.

I really do not want to loose all my collected data...

Any ideas?

Dean Harry

Promoting SMS 2.0

Post by Robb Dunewoo » Tue, 08 Jun 1999 04:00:00

You cannot promote a secondary site, you will have to backup and restore.

1. SMS 1.2 - Promote Seconday to Primary?

Is it possible to promote an SMS 1.2 Secondary Site to the Primary Site?  If
so, where can I get some documentation on the procedures required?  I'd like
to do this in order to replace the server that is currently configured as
the SMS Primary Site.  Thanks.

Greg (to email, remove xspam_ from address).

2. private key after password change not available

3. Promoting SMS primary site to domain PDC

4. How can I change the size of AMSfonts ???

5. SMS 1.2 - Promote Secondary to Primary?

6. Chinese Fonts for LaTeX

7. Upgrading SMS 2.0 clients to SMS 2.0 SP1

8. Upgrading SMS 1.2 to 2.0 + backup of SMS 2.0

9. SMS 2.0 Evaluation copy and SMS 2.0 SP1 problems

10. SMS 2.0 on NT 4 /upgrade to Win2k SMS 2.0

11. SMS 2.0 SP2 install CD from Backoffice 4.5 SMS 2.0 SP0 version

12. How To Make A SMS 2.0 SP2 Install CD From SMS 2.0 SP0