*Cannot establish a security context with the client

*Cannot establish a security context with the client

Post by Bourdeaud, Stéphan » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I am getting the following error when trying to remote control certain
clients (all configurations are identical...) :

"Cannot establish a security context with the client"

I have checked the registry of the clients and they do have the correct user
names in allowed viewers...

Thanks,

Steph. B.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

*Cannot establish a security context with the client

Post by Robert » Fri, 10 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Stephane,

I am getting the same error on some of my clients.  Are you using any
hotfixes for IP? We just applied the IP hotfix, moving frm NetBios to IP and
this is occuring.

Thanks,

Roberta

> Hello,

> I am getting the following error when trying to remote control certain
> clients (all configurations are identical...) :

> "Cannot establish a security context with the client"

> I have checked the registry of the clients and they do have the correct
user
> names in allowed viewers...

> Thanks,

> Steph. B.

> Has anyone encountered this problem?

1. SMS 1.2 Remote Control Cannot Establish a Security Context with the Client

Hi

I am running SMS 1.2 on NT4 SP5 over 7 subnets.  We have just recently
rolled out Exchange Servers which comprised of Compaq Proliant 7000 and 5500
Servers.  I am able to remote control the 7000 server as well as 2 (out of
4)of the 5500 Serves.  All the 5500 Servers are built the same ie same
disks, same memory, same NIC etc.., but I keep getting the error 'Cannot
Establish a Security Context with the client' when trying to remote control
them.

I have re-installed one of the servers from scratch after first
un-installing the sms client.  I have applied all the latest service packs
(sms sp4) with no difference.

If I install the SMS Administrator program on one of the problimatic servers
I am able to remote control any of the other working servers.

i have consulted TechNet and checked the security options in the registry
and I'm not running the French version.

Any help

Cheers

Michael Rhodes

2. QUESTION: how to set env var in cw?????

3. "Cannot establish a security context with the client" Any Solution ???

4. DTP Job Opening in NYC

5. "cannot establish a security context with this client"

6. speed of gigabit networks

7. Cannot establish a security context with the client

8. Good Quotes (gtUMpN)

9. Cannot Establish a Security Context with the Client

10. Cannot Establish Security Context with Client

11. cannot establish a security context with the client!

12. ERROR: The security context could not be established

13. The security context could not be established