Direct member deleted

Post by Darre » Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:34:34

I created a collection, and added a computer as a direct member, but when i
deleted this computer from this new collection it also deleted this computer
from all other collection e.g all computer.
How do I force a manually inventory from my sms admin console computer ? Can
I force an inventory manually.

Thanks

Direct member deleted

Post by Chris Bola » Tue, 28 Aug 2001 05:44:27

When you delete a member from a collection, it deletes it from the SMS
database.  During the next refresh of the other collections, the deleted
member will also be removed from them.  The computer you deleted should
appear back in the database within a few days when it uploads info to the
CAP.
There's a utility called ForceInv.exe you can download from
http://sms.scriptmania.com that will allow you to force hardware/software
inventories from the SMS Admin Console.

Chris

Quote:> I created a collection, and added a computer as a direct member, but when
> deleted this computer from this new collection it also deleted this
computer
> from all other collection e.g all computer.
> How do I force a manually inventory from my sms admin console computer ?
Can
> I force an inventory manually.

> Thanks

1. deleted member from direct membership

I created a collection, and added a computer as a direct member, but when i
deleted this computer from this new collection it also deleted this computer
from all other collections e.g all computer.
Is this normal, should it have deleted from all collection ?
How do I force a manually inventory from my sms admin console computer ? Can
I force an inventory manually remeotely?

Thanks

2. Switching character disks

3. SMS and WMI: Using WSH to add a direct collection member

4. WWW Interface to Inside Macintosh-like text

5. Direct members in a collection

6. Writing Prm api's

7. Direct Access SBS4.0 upgrade to Direct Access SBS 4.5?

8. hoehfipohgfphfpirh

9. Adding member to group with more than 1,000 members

10. List members of Local Group on Member Server

11. deleting user doesn't delete their mailbox or shared folder

12. Deleted subweb doesn't delete properly

13. re-directed My Documents cannot read files