Novice question on SMS

Post by bluntma.. » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I've just discovered SMS and would like to create "scripts"
or "templates" to push install automatically some softwares on clients
such as Peachtree, acrobat and some DOS applications.

I'm running an SBS 4,5 box and most of the clients are windows 2000.

Is there some URL that someone can send me to start learning how all of
that work.

Thank you

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Novice question on SMS

Post by moses_robin.. » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
     In the administrator's guide look up the section on sms installer.
The is the tool used for creating packages. If you don't mind spending
a few bucks there is a book by Rod Trent called Microsoft SMS Installer
that goes through the install program from beginning to end very clearly

Cheers
Moses Robinson

> Hi,

> I've just discovered SMS and would like to create "scripts"
> or "templates" to push install automatically some softwares on clients
> such as Peachtree, acrobat and some DOS applications.

> I'm running an SBS 4,5 box and most of the clients are windows 2000.

> Is there some URL that someone can send me to start learning how all
of
> that work.

> Thank you

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. novice questions SBS/Exchange and Outlook98

Hi,

I'm fairly new to SBS (well actually I'm new to NT and Exchange. I
know it seems odd that someone could live without using MS products
for years :-)) )
I've managed to switch my entire LAN (server and clients) to SBS and
NT WS. So now I have a few questions and I hope that someone can point
me in the right direction:

We're using SBS/Exchange with Outlook98 clients. As a newsreader I'm
using a 3rd party product but I'd like to use Exchange as my News
Server and Outlook Express as my clients in order to read news
OFFLINE.
Is there a description somewhere of how to setup Exchange so it
retrieves News from one or more of the news servers in the internet,
(like automatically retrieve all new headers at night) and then have
the individual clients to retrieve only those messages they're
interested in? Both, headers and message bodies should be stored on
the Exchange server though.

Another question (which might sound dumm but as I said: I'm new in the
MS world):
How can I setup additional GLOBAL addressbooks in Exchange and
Outlook?
What I want to achieve is to store all external adresses like business
partners eMail partners etc. in a new addressbook which should be
accessible by all users in our LAN (all are using SBS/Exchange and
Outlook 98 clients)

Please don't respond RTMF. I have searched all the online docs but
couldn't find any reference to how to setup new global address books
:-((

Thanks
Richard

2. genclass and STL objects

3. a novice question - samba

4. Creating Directories Programmatically

5. A novice questions.

6. Translate from Supercalc 5 to Lotus 123

7. Novice SAMBA user has question on sharing...

8. Dual-booting Linux and Windows 2000

9. novice samba question

10. Novice question

11. recommend a SMS book for a novice?

12. Steps for client detection/install for SMS 2.0 novice

13. Question: SMS Server - simple question :Question