QUERY-How to display NT user name and NT group in a single query...

QUERY-How to display NT user name and NT group in a single query...

Post by Raf » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Howdy!

I am trying to create a query which would display all user names (NT names)
and which NT group they belong to.

So far I can display either result, but not both together.  It appears that
I cannot mix 2 resource classes.

Is there a way to do this?

All input will be appreciated!

Raf

QUERY-How to display NT user name and NT group in a single query...

Post by Oliver Richardso » Sun, 05 Sep 1999 04:00:00

It can't be done, even though they seem to have the same primary key
(ResourceID) they are in fact totally different entities.

--

Regards,

Oliver.

Oliver Richardson - OS INTEGRATION PLC
http://www.os-integration.com
Tel: + 44 (0)1784 470448   Fax: + 44 (0)1784 470451
Mobile: + 44 (0)7050 051332

ScimmitarT - THE NETWORK MANAGEMENT PROCESS

Quote:> Howdy!

> I am trying to create a query which would display all user names (NT
names)
> and which NT group they belong to.

> So far I can display either result, but not both together.  It appears
that
> I cannot mix 2 resource classes.

> Is there a way to do this?

> All input will be appreciated!

> Raf

1. creating query based on NT domain group

Does anyone know how to create a query based on an NT domain group and then
return back the systems with the lastloggedon username that match up from
that group?

I've tried just adding the group as a choice (not sure how to explain this)
but all it comes back with is just that group I specified.

I'm trying to do this to distribute software to an NT group.  When I just
click on an NT group from the SMS MMC, the users do not seem to see that
they should received this package.

What is the best way to do what I am trying to do?

Thanks

Scott

2. UMAX 1220P and lcokups

3. Utility to query NT group membership ?

4. C1950 monitor loses vertical sync?

5. What's faster w/ ADSI -- a group query or ACL/ACE query?

6. Using 2 IDE HDD with IDE CD-ROM???

7. Querying for Windows NT login name using ADSI

8. Need much many help please with queries for users and user groups

9. Which NT-User is in which NT-Group

10. NT authentication against NT groups - no local users ?