Need help with Office 2k, ASAP Pls

Post by Drago » Wed, 14 Feb 2001 07:56:08

Hello,

I just came across a problem (right when I thought everything was smooth).
Could someone please help me...

I am deploying Office 2000 Pro and IE 5.5 together via SMS. It is a single
package as Office setup allows you to install IE as well. I have used Office
Resource Kit and IEAK to create packages. Everything works fine except:

When deploying the package via SMS, the adverti*t comes fine. Setup
searts fine, finishes and then reboots so IE can finish the setup. At that
time, if a non-admin user logs in, the setup fails. It gives an error that
an administrator needs to login to finish the setup.

Unfortunatel this is not an option for me to give out Admin rights to all
the users. I found an option to allow ordinary users to login in IEAK but it
doesn't seem to be working.

sorry about the long post, but I really do need help asap...

Thank you

Need help with Office 2k, ASAP Pls

Post by Paul Thomse » Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:38:49

    Have you seen this
http://www.veryComputer.com/

--
Paul Thomsen, MCSE, MCT
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Here's the legal mumbo-jumbo the lawyers make me include with every post:
The information contained in this message is provided AS-IS and WITH ALL
FAULTS.  My employer makes no warranties of any kind with respect to such
information.  Your use of this information is at your own risk, and my
employer disclaims any damages of any kind whatsoever that may arise from
the use of this information.

Quote:> Hello,

> I just came across a problem (right when I thought everything was smooth).
> Could someone please help me...

> I am deploying Office 2000 Pro and IE 5.5 together via SMS. It is a single
> package as Office setup allows you to install IE as well. I have used
Office
> Resource Kit and IEAK to create packages. Everything works fine except:

> When deploying the package via SMS, the adverti*t comes fine. Setup
> searts fine, finishes and then reboots so IE can finish the setup. At that
> time, if a non-admin user logs in, the setup fails. It gives an error that
> an administrator needs to login to finish the setup.

> Unfortunatel this is not an option for me to give out Admin rights to all
> the users. I found an option to allow ordinary users to login in IEAK but
it
> doesn't seem to be working.

> sorry about the long post, but I really do need help asap...

> Thank you

Need help with Office 2k, ASAP Pls

Post by Drago » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 01:38:00

Yes, I do have a separate IE package which works fine but I would like to
combine IE and Office 2000 instalations.

Thank you.

>     Have you seen this
> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> --
> Paul Thomsen, MCSE, MCT
> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Here's the legal mumbo-jumbo the lawyers make me include with every post:
> The information contained in this message is provided AS-IS and WITH ALL
> FAULTS.  My employer makes no warranties of any kind with respect to such
> information.  Your use of this information is at your own risk, and my
> employer disclaims any damages of any kind whatsoever that may arise from
> the use of this information.

> > Hello,

> > I just came across a problem (right when I thought everything was
smooth).
> > Could someone please help me...

> > I am deploying Office 2000 Pro and IE 5.5 together via SMS. It is a
single
> > package as Office setup allows you to install IE as well. I have used
> Office
> > Resource Kit and IEAK to create packages. Everything works fine except:

> > When deploying the package via SMS, the adverti*t comes fine. Setup
> > searts fine, finishes and then reboots so IE can finish the setup. At
that
> > time, if a non-admin user logs in, the setup fails. It gives an error
that
> > an administrator needs to login to finish the setup.

> > Unfortunatel this is not an option for me to give out Admin rights to
all
> > the users. I found an option to allow ordinary users to login in IEAK
but
> it
> > doesn't seem to be working.

> > sorry about the long post, but I really do need help asap...

> > Thank you

Need help with Office 2k, ASAP Pls

Post by Francesco Ciull » Thu, 22 Feb 2001 05:07:03

What we used was the autologon feature of Windows NT, Microsoft is providing
all scripts and utilities under the office 2000 website.
http://www.veryComputer.com/, download the
o2ksms20.exe file, this will explain the install process.

Quote:> Hello,

> I just came across a problem (right when I thought everything was smooth).
> Could someone please help me...

> I am deploying Office 2000 Pro and IE 5.5 together via SMS. It is a single
> package as Office setup allows you to install IE as well. I have used
Office
> Resource Kit and IEAK to create packages. Everything works fine except:

> When deploying the package via SMS, the adverti*t comes fine. Setup
> searts fine, finishes and then reboots so IE can finish the setup. At that
> time, if a non-admin user logs in, the setup fails. It gives an error that
> an administrator needs to login to finish the setup.

> Unfortunatel this is not an option for me to give out Admin rights to all
> the users. I found an option to allow ordinary users to login in IEAK but
it
> doesn't seem to be working.

> sorry about the long post, but I really do need help asap...

> Thank you

1. Exchange Server down PLEASE need help ASAP

I installed Alcom LanFax demo, ruined Exhange 5.5 (SBS 4.5) The Information
store will not start and gives a server spcific code 4294966728

How do I delete the Alcom Lan \Fax Exchange connector? I hit delete and it
says to run the Exchange Server Setup and add/remove componae option.
(c1035ae1)I go to control pannel add/remove click MSFT Exhange server, click
add removed and only get options for Echange, am I missing something? I also
tried re-installing no go.

I un installed Atcom and rebooted.
Thank you,
Eric Vogel

--
=================================
Eric Vogel

2. DARC November meeting

3. Pls help on SBS 2k with Trend Micros products

4. Residential Gateways ?

5. SBS 2k issue pls help

6. Laptop Userprofile

7. Pls help newbie... backoffice sbs 2k

8. Forced string gadget selection?

9. Need Help on Exchange sever 5....Pls

10. Need Cd Key PLS HELP

11. Niggling Problems Need Help Pls (FTP/NNTP/AOL)

12. I Need A Backup Script - Someone Pls Help?

13. Need to know more about sharepoint portal especially session mgmt. Pl help...