SMS installer won't run

Post by Kelvin Pin » Fri, 03 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have tried creating a small install using the sms installer, works on one
NT server ( the one I created it on) but not another, both NT4 SP4.

I get the error message:

Could not locate installer DLL.
The installation file may be corrupt.

I cannot even install the SMS installer on the 2nd computer as I get the
same message.

Any ideas.

The problem computer is also running Option Pack for IIS, DHCP, DNS and
WINS.

Thanks, Kelvin

1. SMS Installer doesn't run on a Windows 95 machine

    SMS Installer aborts with error when I run both the 16-bit and the
32-bit version repackager.  This happened on two different versions of
Windows 95.  These were fresh installs of Windows 95b and Windows 95c.  The
only other application installed on these two workstations was MS-Office 97.
One machine has MS-Office 97 SR-2 and the other had MS-Office 97 SR-1.  The
version of SMS Installer I'm using is the one that comes with SMS 2.0 SP1.
The application I was trying to run with the SMS Installer Repackager was IE
5.0.  Has anyone else run into this problem with IE 5.0 or other Apps.  I'm
looking into using Install Shield with SMS rather than SMS Installer.
Anybody out there with comments on experiences you have had related to mine?

2. Group Policy Case Solved

3. NEW SMS Installer Won't overwrite

4. Outlaw Games

5. OL2K running on SBS4.5 - rules won't run!

6. Strange 'cvs editors' behavior

7. win 98 won't access share if nmbd not running

8. Change default location of frs-staging

9. SMS-client uninstall won't work (q199078 won't work either)

10. SMS 2.0 Eval edition: MMC won't run

11. Running batch file via SMS but DOS box won't close automatically

12. SMS 2.0 SP1: Reports won't run automatically, only manually from Info Report Designer

13. SMS 2.0 Admin Console won't run