New Installer created MSI file is causing error

Post by Arch Willingha » Wed, 19 Sep 2001 00:29:32

I am attempting to distribute an MSI file created by the new SMS installer
(I uses SMS 2.0 to distribute the files). The SMS package fires it off with
the command:

"msiexec.exe /I timb754_user.msi /qn ALLUSERS="1" /m Timb754"

I then get an error in the eventvwr of the computer saying:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date:  09/17/2001
Time:  10:49:55 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: Truck
Product: Timberline Gold Accounting Installation -- Internal Error 2740.
SMSI_Parse_String_P1_185, -2146827864, Microsoft VBScript runtime error

The package only contains registry setting to HKCU.

Any ideas?

Arch Willingham

1. Errors with creating MSI package with SMS Installer

OK...I created an MSI package with SMS Installer. It compiles as an exe (and
runs just fine) however, it gives tones of errors similar to the following:

Converting action number: 367; In package number: 1; Create_Shortcut
  ISU Error 3016: Create Shortcut (SMS Installer script action). Cannot find
the source file for the following shortcut:
%DEST1%\TSGOLD\WININST\TSREADME.WRI

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Arch Willingham

2. FS- Color FlatBed Scanner For Amiga

3. Creating an MSI package from SMS Installer

4. ARC/MARC/XARC and a new SQ/USQ for TOPS-20

5. Using SMS Installer to Create and EXE from an MSI

6. Eudora Pro 4.1: Can I read my own PGP/MIME-mails?

7. Create .msi file

8. Samba affecting UNIX permissions ??

9. Fail to create MSI file

10. Installing SMS created MSI file with SMS

11. Creating an MSI file on Citrix XP

12. create .msi file

13. create .msi files