.INS file source

Post by Fred Wilso » Thu, 16 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Mark

As per your other message, deleting the client will get rid of all of it.
After deleting all the records for the client, then you have to re-install, run
the audit again.  Of course, this changes the client's SMSID (just in case you
are keeping track of such things).

Sure wish MS thought enough about real world to include some of these required
items in SMS.

Fred Wilson

IS SMS Project Manager for Glenayre Electronics

> [...]

> current Audit package is returning older Audit package information. I have
> perfromed the DBCLEAN delete Group Class Audited Software to no avail I
> still get the older Audit information. I have deleted the clients History
> files off the Logon Servers to no avail. I have checked the .INS files in
> the LOGON.SRV\PCMINS.BOX and they indicate that all previouse versions need
> to be executed. I have also Removed the previous packages from all
> distribution servers to no avail. I have dynamically traced the Audit trail
> via TRACER on Logon servers to the Primary Site server and they appear all
> the way up to the Inventory Data Loader. I have checked the clients
> PCMHIST.REG files and they indicate that all previous versions have run. I
> have perforemd complete Site resets.
> Would anyone know the locations for the .INS tables or is it over to the

.INS file source

Post by msnews.microsoft.co » Thu, 16 Oct 1997 04:00:00

[...]

Post by Micah Powel » Thu, 16 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Thanks for the info.
will drop you a mail.

> Mark

> As per your other message, deleting the client will get rid of all of it.
> After deleting all the records for the client, then you have to
re-install, run
> the audit again.  Of course, this changes the client's SMSID (just in
case you
> are keeping track of such things).

> Sure wish MS thought enough about real world to include some of these
required
> items in SMS.

> Fred Wilson

> IS SMS Project Manager for Glenayre Electronics

> > I am running SMS 1.2 pack1 for the last 8 Months with no real troubles
> > except for now.
> > You guessed it Software Audit information, I have been updating the
> > Audit.rul file and distributing it to clients with great success yet
the
> > current Audit package is returning older Audit package information. I
have
> > perfromed the DBCLEAN delete Group Class Audited Software to no avail I
> > still get the older Audit information. I have deleted the clients
History
> > files off the Logon Servers to no avail. I have checked the .INS files
in
> > the LOGON.SRV\PCMINS.BOX and they indicate that all previouse versions
need
> > to be executed. I have also Removed the previous packages from all
> > distribution servers to no avail. I have dynamically traced the Audit
trail
> > via TRACER on Logon servers to the Primary Site server and they appear
all
> > the way up to the Inventory Data Loader. I have checked the clients
> > PCMHIST.REG files and they indicate that all previous versions have
run. I
> > have perforemd complete Site resets.
> > Would anyone know the locations for the .INS tables or is it over to
the
> > compiler and have a dig.

> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > Frustrated.
> > --
> > Mark Drobis

1. Phonebook Settings disappear and I have to reinstall INS file

HELP! - I am having problems with SBS 4.0 and my phone book disappearing, in
affect disableing my exchange server - also how does one find out about
service packs for SBS - We are using a Dell Server with SBS preinstalled

Bill

2. ok retry :) Amiga forum

3. Demon INS files

4. FAQ: SCO UNIX newsgroups and mailing lists

5. INS file download problems

6. delete a recordset?

7. Help !! ISP/ INS file possibly corrupt ?

8. ccna router

9. Sample INS-file for Small Business Server

10. Missing .ins and .lkp files

11. INS files recreate every 5mts on CAP

12. .INS files

13. No .ins files created