Executing Long File Names

Post by Greg » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:37:35

I have written a installer package (call it test.exe) that executes a file
(With a long file name - called longfilename.exe)
In the file that I execute (longfilename.exe) if I retrieve system
information (installation EXE pathname) the value returned of the file is in
8.3 format.

If I just run the file longfilename.exe it returns the lfn.

All sounds a bit confusing :)  Anyone know what could be the cause of this?
It looks like the lfn is being lost when another program is called.

1. Running SMSLS from a logon script gets unrecognized or bad file name trying to execute??

Hello All,

I am trying to call smsls.bat from our main logon script and all I get is
unrecognized or bad filename when it tries to run smsboot1. Basically it
seems to get lost when the main logon script calls another script(smsls),
when it tries to run the sms files from the netlogon share, this also
behaves differently on Win95/98 or WinNT clients. I tried the usual
CALL %\..\smsls
and no go. If I call it directly all works fine but I must call it from
another managed script DOS, KIX whatever.

Any Ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Rich Surace

2. MIDI HELP

3. NT Backup and long file names

4. Ampersand in URL of ASP:HyperLink

5. Extracting long file names problem.

6. OpenGL, Geforce2 GTS and Win2000 bugs - Please help

7. Netware Distribution Servers can not handle source with long file names

8. Skyline Technologies & ISDN

9. Long file names with 16 bit apps, Samba and NT

10. Long file names

11. Long File Names?

12. long file names with NT 4.0

13. How to get long file names via smbfs ?