Client doesn't show up as 'SMS Client' on SMS Server console

Client doesn't show up as 'SMS Client' on SMS Server console

Post by Sunda » Sun, 30 Mar 2003 01:56:44

Hello,

I added a windows NT system as a client to my server by
running smsman.exe. The client found the server and
installed all the components I selected. But on the server
it shows up as non-client.

Even though it shows up as a non client, it did collect
the hardware inventory the day I manually added the system
to SMS Server. So, my guess is some point after the
initial install, the client went outside SMS Server focus.
How do I figure out what went wrong?

Sundar

Client doesn't show up as 'SMS Client' on SMS Server console

Post by Wally Mead [MS » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 10:59:54

Determining the client is really a client is done by Heartbeat discovery.
Make sure you have it enabled as a discovery method on your site. Discovery
Data Manager then processes the Heartbeat DDR at the site server. You could
check the ddm.log file for the client in question to see if it reports an
error processing the DDR (if it receives a Heartbeat DDR).

Quote:> Hello,

> I added a windows NT system as a client to my server by
> running smsman.exe. The client found the server and
> installed all the components I selected. But on the server
> it shows up as non-client.

> Even though it shows up as a non client, it did collect
> the hardware inventory the day I manually added the system
> to SMS Server. So, my guess is some point after the
> initial install, the client went outside SMS Server focus.
> How do I figure out what went wrong?

> Sundar

Client doesn't show up as 'SMS Client' on SMS Server console

Post by Sunda » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 00:36:39

Thanks. That was it.

Sundar

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Determining the client is really a client is done by

Heartbeat discovery.
Quote:>Make sure you have it enabled as a discovery method on

your site. Discovery
>Data Manager then processes the Heartbeat DDR at the site
server. You could
>check the ddm.log file for the client in question to see
if it reports an
>error processing the DDR (if it receives a Heartbeat DDR).

>--
confers no rights.

message