TMS320C5410 and video input?

Post by Klaus von der Heyd » Sat, 23 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

Is there any solution for connecting a video camera (or better,
a CMOS camera) to a TMS320C5410 EMV by Spectrum Digital?

This board has pin connectors for the external CPU address and
data bus, so I wonder if there is a video digitizer device
available for this board ...

Or does anybody have an idea how to build such a device? It would
be very cool to connect a CMOS camera with its sensor array
interfacing directly to the I/O space of the C5410.

If there is nothing available for this specific board, are there
video digitizers for the C5410 available, but for other development
boards?

Regards,

University of Bonn - Dept. CS VI

TMS320C5410 and video input?

Post by Adam Hawe » Mon, 25 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there any solution for connecting a video camera (or better,
> a CMOS camera) to a TMS320C5410 EMV by Spectrum Digital?

> This board has pin connectors for the external CPU address and
> data bus, so I wonder if there is a video digitizer device
> available for this board ...

> Or does anybody have an idea how to build such a device? It would
> be very cool to connect a CMOS camera with its sensor array
> interfacing directly to the I/O space of the C5410.

Hi.

As part of a final year project for Uni, we have to build a video capture
board for a TMS320C6201 EVM.  I can't provide specifics, as the project is
bound by an industry confidentiality agreement.

I can tell you that we are using Brooktree (Connexant) parts for capture and
re-encoding after processing, and these seem to work well with minimal glue
logic from an FPGA.

You could investigate building a similar board.

Cheers,
Adam

--
Adam Hawes

Web:       http://overfiend.iwarp.com

ICQ:       2492016

Voicemail: +61 (08) 8219-3238
Fax:       +61 (08) 8219-3238

1. 4 video input 1 video output showing all video ins

What parts would be required to put together
a box that combined 4 video in signals and created
1 video out signal that displayed all 4 input signals
at once in 4 areas of the video screen?

--OR--

Does anyone know where to buy this beast? We
need just circuit board no case it it must
just do 4 in and 1 out, on configuration
switches, etc.... on circuit. Real plain Jane
unit.

--OR--

Who can develop this for us, if you can what is your
back ground, and how would you approach the design?

--
RS Enterprises
(613) 860-7425 voice

2. uugetty for 4.0.5?

3. DSP with CCIR-656 video input

4. HELP: How to make a letter bth bold & italic?

5. TMS320c5410 DMA Initialization problems

6. WANTED: Shadow RAM for BBC Micro

7. TMS320C5410.

8. Want MIDI songs

9. ZR38600/38601 audio serial input interface - HELP !

10. IDCT inputs

11. newbie question : matlab- simulink : how to synchronise the eye diagram on the input data stream?

12. How do I get input samples for filters/ DTMF detectors etc without using ADC?

13. Input SNR ???