FIWIZ problem

Post by Jan R?rg?rd Hanse » Sat, 23 Sep 2000 15:20:02

Hi

I tried installing FIWIZ and the Java RE as described in the FIWIZ manual. I
can't make it work, when I type
jre -cp c:\fiwiz fiwiz
I just get a: "class not found"
I tried with different versions of JRE but with no luck. I use Win98.

Does anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong.

Best regards
Jan

FIWIZ problem

Post by Rainer Stor » Sat, 23 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi Jan,

you gotta type
          jre -cp C:\Fiwiz Fiwiz.Fiwiz
and not
          jre -cp C:\Fiwiz Fiwiz
i.e. you forgot the "dot".

Regards

Rainer

> Hi

> I tried installing FIWIZ and the Java RE as described in the FIWIZ manual. I
> can't make it work, when I type
> jre -cp c:\fiwiz fiwiz
> I just get a: "class not found"
> I tried with different versions of JRE but with no luck. I use Win98.

> Does anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong.

> Best regards
> Jan

FIWIZ problem

Post by Jan R?rg?rd Hanse » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:56:32

I still get the "class not found" error.

Best regards
Jan

> Hi Jan,

> you gotta type
>           jre -cp C:\Fiwiz Fiwiz.Fiwiz
> and not
>           jre -cp C:\Fiwiz Fiwiz
> i.e. you forgot the "dot".

> Regards

> Rainer

> > Hi

> > I tried installing FIWIZ and the Java RE as described in the FIWIZ
manual. I
> > can't make it work, when I type
> > jre -cp c:\fiwiz fiwiz
> > I just get a: "class not found"
> > I tried with different versions of JRE but with no luck. I use Win98.

> > Does anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong.

> > Best regards
> > Jan

FIWIZ problem

Post by Rainer Stor » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi Jan,

I can't look into your directory structure, but if you adhere exactly to the
example given in the manual, and if you downloaded JRE1.1.8 from
www.icsi.berkeley.edu/~storn/fiwiz.html and installed it correctly then
things should work.
Another thing is that you should run the command to start Fiwiz in the proper

directory. Let's assume your JRE is in C:\jre\1.1\bin and Fiwiz.class is in
C:\Fiwiz\Fiwiz

then you can either go to C:\Fiwiz and run

C:\jre\1.1\bin\jre -cp C:\Fiwiz Fiwiz.Fiwiz

or you  go to C:\jre\1.1\bin and run

jre -cp C:\Fiwiz Fiwiz.Fiwiz

It does work.

Hope that helps

Rainer

> I still get the "class not found" error.

> Best regards
> Jan

1. FIWIZ source code now available

Hi all,

FIWIZ, the evolutionary-based digital filter design program
(http://www.icsi.berkeley.edu/~storn/fiwiz.html) is now
available in source code form. Please visit the above site
if you are interested.

Regards

Rainer

2. z-gone.lsp ?

3. Fiwiz filterdesigner v 1.3

4. DASH Project

5. FIWIZ filter designer version 1.2

6. Norton Firewall 2002

7. FIWIZ academically priced

8. Problems testing MPICH 1.1.0 on DEC Alpha

9. New Version of FIWIZ filter designer available shortly

10. Fiwiz homepage further improved

11. VisualDSP3.0 Linker Problem

12. TS101S EZLITE Problems

13. TS101S EZLITE Problems (Part II)