CD-ROM audio on a SPARC

Post by Gregory J. Sande » Fri, 09 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hello,

I have a SPARC 10 with a CD-Rom drive ("SunCD Plus").  I need to write
an app which reads audio samples off of audio CDs over SCSI.  The
relevant man pages (cdromio, ioctl) give only information on what
structures are involved, but few clues as to how to do basic operations.
Are there any apps with available source code I could study, or does
someone have any code they can share with me?

Let me emphasize that what I'm interested in grabbing samples over the
SCSI.  There are other kinds of commands that tell the CD player to
"play" like a normal CD player and play audio through its analog audio
outputs...this is not what I'm interested in.

Thanks; email replies appreciated,
Greg Sandell

p.s. My opsys is SunOS 4.1.3

--

Parmly Hearing Institute, Loyola University Chicago
6525 N. Sheridan Chicago IL 60626 USA voice:312-508-3976 FAX:312-508-2719

1. CD-Audio and CD-ROM specs

Could someone provide a reference for documents which describe the
standards for CD-Audio and CD-ROM?  I have seen these referred to
as the "Red book" and the "Yellow book".  Are these standards published,
and is there an ISBN number for them?  Are they available in an
archive via FTP?

2. Hating SimpleText

3. how to read audio cd discs with sun cd-rom drive?

4. Laserwriter Plus Time-out

5. DIGITAL AUDIO OUTPUT of the CD-rom drive

6. Pet Peeve - Intercept Messages

7. Easiest way to integrate a CD-ROM (ATAPI)???

8. REQ: Hack to Extend Auto-Off For Palm Vx

9. FS: "DSP First -- A Multimedia Approach" with CD-ROM

10. How to read IDE/ATAPI CD-ROM with DSP or uC

11. CD-ROM of ICASSP 95