Help with SHARC serial port in TDM mode

Post by Bill Wrigh » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to get a 21060 SHARC to drive a TDM serial port to simulate
the output of an A/D (like the AD1847 for example).  I have the example
code and can talk to the AD1847, but can't get the SHARC to generate the
clock and frame sync in TDM mode.  If I provide external clock and frame
sync it will run, but I need to get the SHARC to generate the clocking
signals.  I notice that there are several "anomalies" related to the
SHARC serial ports.  Can what I'm trying to do be done?  If so, any help
with register settings, wiring, or especially code would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill Wright

Post by Stephen A Wals » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I'm trying to get a 21060 SHARC to drive a TDM serial port to simulate
> the output of an A/D (like the AD1847 for example).  I have the example
> code and can talk to the AD1847, but can't get the SHARC to generate the
> clock and frame sync in TDM mode.  If I provide external clock and frame
> sync it will run, but I need to get the SHARC to generate the clocking
> signals.  I notice that there are several "anomalies" related to the
> SHARC serial ports.  Can what I'm trying to do be done?  If so, any help
> with register settings, wiring, or especially code would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Bill Wright

I beleive you have to provide the external clock. We had a lot of
problems
a few years back trying to get the SHARC serial ports to work in TDM
mode
and as you have found the only reliable way is use an external clock.

I think (an this is from dim distant memory so it may be wrong) that
when
using the serial ports for multiSHARC communications the SHARC that
generates
the clocking signal is the one that gets corrupted data and other
SHARC's in the
system get the data OK. This was with ADSP 21062's (V2.0 Silicon).

Hope Some Od This Helps

Steve

Stephen A Walsh
Senior Software Engineer
Radar and Countermeasures Systems
Marconi Electronic Systems
Opinions are usually mine and mine alone

Help with SHARC serial port in TDM mode

Post by Andreas Paye » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

  Hi,

I've experienced some 'anomalies', too.

According to the 'Anomalies List' at AD's website, there are some problems
for some revisions of the SHARC with internal clock and sync signals. We
will use external signals.

Be carefully when programming the registers of the SPORT. Follow exactly the

examples given by AD, like the talkthru-example. If not you can get 'rolling
bits
through your TDM channel' and other specialities.

It took me nearly a week to get the TDM mode working.

Good luck,

Andreas Payer

> Hi,

> I'm trying to get a 21060 SHARC to drive a TDM serial port to simulate
> the output of an A/D (like the AD1847 for example).  I have the example
> code and can talk to the AD1847, but can't get the SHARC to generate the
> clock and frame sync in TDM mode.  If I provide external clock and frame
> sync it will run, but I need to get the SHARC to generate the clocking
> signals.  I notice that there are several "anomalies" related to the
> SHARC serial ports.  Can what I'm trying to do be done?  If so, any help
> with register settings, wiring, or especially code would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Bill Wright

1. sharc serial port multichannel mode

hello everyone ,

I'm quite new with the sharc serial ports operations.
Can anyone explain me what is the multichannel operation mode of
the sports ?   what does it mean when i activate a specific channel  or
disable another ?
particularly i have to implement the following :
a signal arrives to sport (18 bits available) and each time the rx
buffer is
full the arriving data is computed elsewhere. The sport is activated
with
dma and multichannel operation (for instance , channels 0,1,2,16,17,18)

thanks for reply,
ilan ben zion
software engineer , netmor , Israel

2. Use a Calcomp WIZ tablet with A3000?

3. SHARC SPORT Multichannel (TDM) mode

4. PSION WAN Global PC Card 56k

5. DSK TDM Serial Port

6. I NEED HELP ON TEST FOR NETWARE 3.12

7. Connecting C30 Serial port to PC serial port

8. IPCS or Stand Alone?

9. Simulating Serial Ports in VDSP++2.0 for SHARC

10. How to use the serial port on Analog Devices Sharc EZ-kit

11. SHARC Serial Port as SPI Bus

12. Serial port setup on SHARC EZ-Kit lite