help:Hidden Markov Modelling

Post by Lim Soon Chie » Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi!

    I know a bit in general what HMM is and the basic principles behind
it. However, I don't know how to apply HMM to speech recognition. For
instance, let's say I already got my feature set based on LPC cepstrum,
with no vector quantization codebook. How do I relate the features to
probabilities needed to perform an HMM on the speech signal? How do I
convert features into probabilities? I read something about Gaussian
distribution, so how does someone transform the features?

    Hope someone could help me! Thanks!

Soon Chieh

1. Help with Hidden Markov Models

Hi, DSPers,

I am currently involving a project on the speech enhancement and
speech recognition using Hidden Markov Models (HMM). Is there one
out there has programs or knows the FTP sites I can get some programs.

Any help or hint is really appreciated.

Hehong at University of Minnesota.

2. SQL Server table clipping TextBox value (multiline)

3. Hidden Markov Models and Entropy Minimization

4. Simple Event Counter

5. ISO: Rabiner Tutorial on Hidden Markov Models

6. Next Generation PCS/PCD Survey

7. Hidden Markov Model Trainer

8. How to check for XL file existence

9. Freeware and Commercial Hidden Markov Model Toolkits

10. On Hidden Markov Models for speech characterization

11. State estimation for hidden Markov models

12. Hidden Markov

13. Who has the C or C++ source code for training HMM(Hidden Marcov Model)?