ISO: Rabiner Tutorial on Hidden Markov Models

ISO: Rabiner Tutorial on Hidden Markov Models

Post by Hossein Mobah » Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:53:01

Dear friends

I am looking for "A tutorial on hidden markov models and selected
applications in speech recognition" By L.R.Rabiner .

I searched for it with search engines but got no result .
Does any one know where I can find it on the NET ?

Regards

H.Mobahi
CS Student

[ comp.ai is moderated.  To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]

[ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]

ISO: Rabiner Tutorial on Hidden Markov Models

Post by Jerry Wo » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Dear friends

>I am looking for "A tutorial on hidden markov models and selected
>applications in speech recognition" By L.R.Rabiner .

>I searched for it with search engines but got no result .
>Does any one know where I can find it on the NET ?

"A Tutorial on Hidden Markov Models and
Selected Application in Speech Recognition" by Lawrence R. Rabiner,
which originally appeared in the Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 77, No.
2, pages 257-286. It is also available as a reprint on pages
267-296 in "Readings in Speech Recognition", ed. by Alex Waibel and
Kai-Fu Lee, San Mateo: Morgan Kaufman, 1990.
--
To reply, replace "nospam" by "wolf".

[ comp.ai is moderated.  To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]

[ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]

1. Hidden Markov Models and Entropy Minimization

Hi,

I am using hidden Markov models to analyse musical acoustic signals,
and discover their structure. This is pretty much like a "segmentation"
scheme.

Has anyone out there studied and implemented (in the HTK framework, or
Matlab, or whatever) the alternative learning algorithm designed by
Matthew
Brand in
"Structure Learning in conditional probability models via an entropic
prior
and parameter extinction", Neural Computation, vol.11, no.5,
pp.1,155-1.182,1999
which replace the traditional Baum Welch re-estimation algorithm ?

I am working on its implementation and I experience some difficulties.
If
anyone is involved, I'd greatly appreciate some feedback.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Jean-Julien AUCOUTURIER
Audio & Music Processing Lab,
King's College, London.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. ALT-TAB for PocketPC 2K2?

3. help:Hidden Markov Modelling

4. Multiple Users Problems

5. Hidden Markov Model Trainer

6. Info Needed: Toby Video Card

7. Freeware and Commercial Hidden Markov Model Toolkits

8. On Hidden Markov Models for speech characterization

9. State estimation for hidden Markov models

10. Help with Hidden Markov Models

11. Hidden Markov

12. Who has the C or C++ source code for training HMM(Hidden Marcov Model)?