Softmac & Germulator: Can't create/format Mac floppy disk on Windows 2000

Softmac & Germulator: Can't create/format Mac floppy disk on Windows 2000

Post by Paul Molon » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:44:12

I've tried several ways to create a Macintosh
floppy disk on my Windows 2000 NT PC without
any success.

Using Germulator Explorer, I've tried copying
an image (.img) file to a floppy, but Germulator
just hangs.

If I run SoftMac and use the Tools -> Format
1.44M Mac Floppy option, I get a "Floppy Disk
Format Failed" error.

If I use the Tools -> Write Image to Floppy
Disk option, I get a "Disk Image was Not Copied
to Floppy" error.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Cheers,

P.

Softmac & Germulator: Can't create/format Mac floppy disk on Windows 2000

Post by Mike De » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 06:49:01

Quote:> Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

I haven't used Softmac, sorry (I use Basilisk II emu).

But I've found this program useful:
<http://netti.nic.fi/~lpesonen/HFVExplorer/>

"HFVExplorer". It'll format Mac floppies for you and much more
(freeware).

D.

1. Searching for Roms and Harddisk file for Softmac 2000

I'm searching for a 1mb Rom file that could be used for the Softmac2000
Emulator and I also need a Bootable Harddisk file that has Os8 on it. Anyone
know where I can download one??

Can anyone recommend a mac emulator that will allow the use of Mac formatted
CDs and will run games??

2. Laptop

3. Softmac 2000 printing?

4. DHCP

5. Gemulator SoftMac 2000 full version.

6. MCP question

7. SoftMac 2000 Emulators Inc Darek Mihocka Problems

8. $2000 referral fee for tandem developers

9. Warez copy of Softmac 2000.

10. softmac 2000 full or beta

11. SoftMac 2000

12. Amiga floppy disk format

13. BBC format floppy disks - how to read...