Problem in epsxe

Post by Tal La » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 06:20:58

Can someone help me please?

I'm encountering a problem not specified in any document or FAQ i
have.

It gives me a "recompile block is too large" when I try to play tekken
3 on my winME, using epsxe 1.4.

Since this error message is so vague, I don't know what to do. I tried
all sorts of crazy stuff, but nothing changes it.

Does anyone knows why do I get this message and how do I make it go
away?

Thanks in advance,

Problem in epsxe

Post by Michael Koeni » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 22:47:50

> It gives me a "recompile block is too large" when I try to play tekken
> 3 on my winME, using epsxe 1.4.

How much RAM do you have?
To me it sounds as if ePSXe needs more memory to recompile a certain
block of code than is available.

--
M.I.K.e
(The crownless again shall be King.)

Problem in epsxe

Post by Tal La » Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:41:00

> > It gives me a "recompile block is too large" when I try to play tekken
> > 3 on my winME, using epsxe 1.4.

> How much RAM do you have?
> To me it sounds as if ePSXe needs more memory to recompile a certain
> block of code than is available.

Can't be it.

I have 128MB.

Any other guesses?

Problem in epsxe

Post by Mark McDougal » Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:55:10

> Can't be it.
> I have 128MB.

Are you kidding? That's peanuts!

--
|              Mark McDougall                | "Electrical Engineers do
it
| <http://members.optushome.com.au/msmcdoug> |   with less resistance!"

Problem in epsxe

Post by Simon Finniga » Mon, 10 Dec 2001 18:59:05

> > > It gives me a "recompile block is too large" when I try to play tekken
> > > 3 on my winME, using epsxe 1.4.

> > How much RAM do you have?
> > To me it sounds as if ePSXe needs more memory to recompile a certain
> > block of code than is available.

> Can't be it.

> I have 128MB.

That really isn`t much these days.  Bear in mind your OS needs some memory
(Windows 2000 seems to idle using 60-70 mgs, and earlier versions are happy
to use a similar amount).  Then you`ve got to have the emulator in memory,
running, which again takes more memory.  You`ll have very little left for
the emulation once everything is loaded (like I bet you`ve got loads of
those little icons on the bottom right of your screen, all of which gobble
up RAM).

Most of my friends who are buying PC`s now are going for a gig of RAM, just
because it`s so cheap and it`ll come in handy.  I wouldn`t recommend less
than half a gig because it really does make a big difference.

Problem in epsxe

Post by Michael Koeni » Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:00:42

> Most of my friends who are buying PC`s now are going for a gig of RAM,
> just because it`s so cheap and it`ll come in handy.  I wouldn`t
> recommend less than half a gig because it really does make a big
> difference.

Well, with Win9x/Me it's not good to have more than 256MB since those
Windows versions actually become *slower* when you put more RAM in. And
apart from that I never really needed more than 256MB, although I have
to admit that I don't do video or heavy imaging stuff.

--

Post by Michael Koeni » Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:58:09

>> How much RAM do you have?
>> To me it sounds as if ePSXe needs more memory to recompile a certain
>> block of code than is available.
> Can't be it.
> I have 128MB.

It *should* be enought but with Windows you never know, especially since
it also depends largely what tools and other stuff you're running at the
same time.

--
M.I.K.e
(The crownless again shall be King.)
Deutsche BeOS FAQ: http://www.be-faq.de/

Problem in epsxe

Post by /|ndy » Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:36:14

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sun,
9 Dec 2001 14:00:42 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
comp.emulators.misc, yawatina tan reek esk Michael Koenig

>> Most of my friends who are buying PC`s now are going for a gig of RAM,
>> just because it`s so cheap and it`ll come in handy.  I wouldn`t
>> recommend less than half a gig because it really does make a big
>> difference.

>Well, with Win9x/Me it's not good to have more than 256MB since those
>Windows versions actually become *slower* when you put more RAM in. And
>apart from that I never really needed more than 256MB, although I have
>to admit that I don't do video or heavy imaging stuff.

Win9x and ME don't run properly with more than 512Mb of RAM either.

deKay
--
  o   /|ndy's Lofi * -- www.lofi-*.org.uk   o
 /    Emulation * News * Reviews * Museum * Speccy     \

Problem in epsxe

Post by Jens Duttk » Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:51:55

Quote:> It *should* be enought but with Windows you never know, especially since
> it also depends largely what tools and other stuff you're running at the
> same time.

It IS enough.ePSXe even works with 64 MB RAM. This problem has for sure
nothing to do with the RAM.
I assume it is a problem with the CDR-Plugin or your CD. Maybe your CD is
damaged, you should try to make a ISO from the CD and play the ISO.
It seems like the game jump to a position in the memory which don't have
code or with corrupted code. The problem for this could be, that the
CDR-Plugin send corrupted data to ePSXe.

Does other games works correctly ?

Cu, JNS

Problem in epsxe

Post by Simon Finniga » Mon, 10 Dec 2001 23:04:25

> Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sun,
> 9 Dec 2001 14:00:42 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
> comp.emulators.misc, yawatina tan reek esk Michael Koenig

> >> Most of my friends who are buying PC`s now are going for a gig of RAM,
> >> just because it`s so cheap and it`ll come in handy.  I wouldn`t
> >> recommend less than half a gig because it really does make a big
> >> difference.

> >Well, with Win9x/Me it's not good to have more than 256MB since those
> >Windows versions actually become *slower* when you put more RAM in. And
> >apart from that I never really needed more than 256MB, although I have
> >to admit that I don't do video or heavy imaging stuff.

> Win9x and ME don't run properly with more than 512Mb of RAM either.

Probably true.  Then again why would anyone in their right mind get a decent
machine with that much RAM and stick anything using the Win9x codebase on
it?  Time to go to Windows 2000 professional or XP - get a decent stable OS.

Problem in epsxe

Post by Mike Jenkin » Mon, 10 Dec 2001 23:08:10

Quote:>> It *should* be enought but with Windows you never know, especially since
>> it also depends largely what tools and other stuff you're running at the
>> same time.

>It IS enough.ePSXe even works with 64 MB RAM. This problem has for sure
>nothing to do with the RAM.
>I assume it is a problem with the CDR-Plugin or your CD.

I would agree. Also try changing the display plugin to the software
one to see if that makes any difference.

--

Mike Jenkins
Dreamcast FAQ - http://www.kwik-e-mart.in2home.co.uk

1. ePSXe 1.60 Problem

When I start ePSXe 1.60 and go to
config ---> Video/Sound/Cdrom
this message shows up:

ePSXe.exe - Unable To Locate Component
---------------------------------------
This application has failed to start because glide3x.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

After that everythings is normal like in 1.52 version
Anybody had this problem with 1.60 too ?
What is glide3x.dll ?

2. The AutoShare catalog of AutoCAD-related Shareware and public domain

3. Thermo Utilities v2.0, MS Excel Add-ins

4. Recommendations for reading?

5. Educational Simulations in Ins. & Fin.

6. DSL Speed Mystery

7. ePSXe under Linux & Pete plugins

8. Looking for NVG uploader..

9. ePSXe and W2K