SIMULATION DIGEST V15 N6

Post by Moderator: Paul Fishwi » Sat, 05 May 1990 22:26:28

Volume: 15, Issue: 6, Fri May  4 09:25:48 EDT 1990

(2) CALL: Annual Simulation Symposium
(3) RE: SPICE 3 Users
(4) SIMAN Simulation Language
(5) ISP Compiler

* Moderator: Paul Fishwick, Univ. of Florida

  post to comp.simulation via USENET
* Archives available via FTP to bikini.cis.ufl.edu (128.227.224.1).
  Login as 'ftp', use your last name as the password, change
  directory to pub/simdigest. Do 'type binary' before any file xfers.
* Simulation Tools available by doing above and changing the
  directory to pub/simdigest/tools.

Date: Tue, 1 May 90 14:24:55 -0400

    This mailing list is devoted to discussing software modeling tools
for technology computer aided design.  Some specific software packages
are Pisces, Minimos, Suprem-IV, Predict, Sample, and YEW.    The focus
is on modeling of electronic devices and their fabrication.  Discussions
of SPICE models for electronic devices is also appropriate.
    Please send topical mail to:

    Please send administrative mail (subscribing/unsubscribing) to:

Moderator: Mark Law, Univ. of Florida

------------------------------

Date:         Tue, 01 May 90 14:56:42 CDT

Subject:      announcement of call for papers-annual simulation symp

                   ****  CALL FOR PAPERS ****

               24TH ANNUAL SIMULATION SYMPOSIUM

  1991 SCS EASTERN MULTICONFERENCE, APRIL 1-5, 1991, NEW ORLEANS, LA

THE ANNUAL SIMULATION SYMPOSIUM IS A FORUM FOR THE INTERCHANGE OF IDEAS,
TECHNIQUES, AND APPLICATIONS AMONG PRACTITIONERS OF SIMULATION IN INDUSTRY,
GOVERNMENT AND ACADEMIA.  THE PAPER SESSIONS ARE DESIGNED TO GENERATE AN
INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION OF CONCEPTS, METHODOLOGY, AND RESULTS BETWEEN AUTHOR
AND AUDIENCE.  THE STRUCTURE OF THE SYMPOSIUM ALSO PROVIDES FOR A DEGREE OF
COLLEGIALITY AND CONTINUITY IN THE DISCUSSIONS OF THE VARIOUS TOPICS PRESENTED
DURING THE WEEK.

IN RECENT YEARS THE SYMPOSIUM HAS PROVIDED A FORUM FOR TRADITIONAL SIMULATION
TOPICS IN DISCRETE EVENT, CONTINUOUS, DIGITAL AND ANALOG SIMULATION.  THIS
YEAR'S SYMPOSIUM IS SEEKING PAPERS PARTICULARLY IN THE FOLLOWING TOPICAL AREAS:

O  DISTRIBUTED/CONCURRENT SIMULATION
O  NEURAL NETWORK MODELS AND SIMULATIONS
O  MODELING AND SIMULATION OF MULTIPROCESSOR/PARALLEL-PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE
O  NETWORK MODELING AND SIMULATION
O  DISTRIBUTED DATABASE AND FILE SIMULATIONS
O  SIMULATION LANGUAGES AND TOOLS

A 750-WORD ABSTRACT DESCRIBING THE CONTENTS, RANGE AND RESULTS OF THE PAPER
IS REQUIRED.  THE ABSTRACT SHOULD BE SENT BY SEPTEMBER 15, 1990 TO:

DR. GEORGE W. ZOBRIST                    DEADLINES:
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE             750-WORD ABSTRACT   - 9/15/90
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-ROLLA               TENTATIVE ACCEPTANCE- 10/1/90
ROLLA, MISSOURI  65401                     FULL PAPER          - 12/1/90
PHONE: (314) 341-4836                      FINAL PAPER         - 1/15/91

EARLY SUBMISSION OF THE ABSTRACT WILL FACILITATE EARLY NOTIFICATION OF
TENTATIVE ACCEPTANCE.  THE ABSTRACTS WILL BE CRITICALLY REVIEWED AND A
NOTIFICATION TO PREPARE A FULL PAPER WILL BE SENT, IF THE REVIEWS ARE
ACCEPTABLE, AFTER THE FULL PAPER IS RECEIVED, FINAL DECISION WILL BE MADE
AS TO ACCEPTABILITY.  PLEASE INCLUDE FULL NAME, AFFILIATION, ADDRESS, AND
PHONE NUMBERS (ALSO, EMAIL) OF EACH AUTHOR AND DESIGNATE THE AUTHOR WHICH IS
BE CONTACTED.  THE FULL PAPER WILL BE PUBLISHED BY THE IEEE COMPUTER SOCIETY.

THE IRA M. KAY MEMORIAL PRIZE OF $500 WILL BE AWARDED TO THE BEST PAPER
PRESENTED AT THE SYMPOSIUM.

ONLY PAPERS WHICH HAVE NOT BEEN PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED OR PRESENTED SHOULD BE
SUBMITTED.  AUTHORS MUST OBTAIN EMPLOYER, CLIENT, OR GOVERNMENT RELEASES
PRIOR TO SUBMITTAL OF FINAL MANUSCRIPT.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 May 90 13:23 CDT

Subject: Re: SPICE 3 Users
Newsgroups: comp.simulation

In comp.simulation you write:

Quote:>We are using SPICE 3B1 running on both HP9000 and VAX machines for teaching
>purposes.  We have developed some new device drivers (graphics) and
>tutorial material.

>Are there any people out there who are:

>- interested and using SPICE 3 (Berkeley)?

We are using PSPICE on PC's, which the company gives us for educational
use.  However, I am using SPICE3C1 for research, so I can have source
code to add devices.  There are obvious bugs and problems and there
should be a news group or someway to share between users, rather than
just sending a report of them to Berkeley.

Quote:>- developing device libraries for use with SPICE in general?

>Is there somewhere that SPICE is discussed in the EMAIL context?

[[Review the first message in this issue for information on an
existing SPICE mailing list -PAF]]

--

Kansas State University - Durland Hall       | rutgers!ksuvax1!eecea!khc
Manhattan, KS 66506      | {pyramid,ucsd}!ncr-sd!ncrwic!ksuvax1!eecea!khc

------------------------------

Newsgroups: comp.simulation
Subject: comp.simulation
Date: 3 May 90 20:24:42 GMT

This is the first time for me to read this group. I am thinking of
SIMAN simulation langauage. Can anyone tell me if there is an UNIX
version of SIMAN? How can I get the program if there is one?
Thanks.

UUCP:     ....!uunet.uu.net!csli.stanford.edu!dai

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 May 90 14:58:35 PDT

Subject: looking for ISP compiler

For my engineering studies I am looking for an ISP (Instruction Set Processor)
compiler running under Unix or DOS possibly available in the public domain.
Since I do not know whether it exists or not, I would also appreciate
references to papers or books about the ISP language itself.

Thank you for your help.

-Marco Graziano

END OF SIMULATION DIGEST