Modem Wars-why won't it run?

Post by Firebal » Sat, 03 Jan 1998 04:00:00

From Laner's C64 site I found a copy of Modem Wars(finally!),and
downloaded it,but was soon shocked to discover that it didn't run on
C64S.Actually,I wasn't shocked at all.If a game actually runs on C64S
I shout to God in thanks because it's such an incompatible emulator.So
then I tried it on CCS64.Nothing.On Vice-nothing.I was desperate
now,so I downloaded a shareware version of PC64.Still nothing.

Here is what happens.In Modem Wars,There is a master disk which you
use to create a game disk.So I created a new .D64 file and ran the
game disk maker program,and then ran that D64 file.It would access the
disk for about 10-20 seconds,then stop and freeze at the loading
screen.It does this on every single emulator.So I tried making a
second game disk and got the same result.I then loaded up the master
disk and tried the"Play a test game"option,with the same result.

Does anyone know why this happens?Is the D64 itself corrupt,or does it
simply not work with emulators because of less-than-perfect emulation?

1. Help!?: Why won't vice compile?

My system is a 486 running linux (SW), 8Mb physical RAM, 18Mb linux swap.
While trying to compile vice from the Nov'97 SW release companion CDs
(Sunsite?) everything worked fine except the main executable.

I tried make again on the file, but same problem occurs- keeps returning
an error message about there not being enough memory to compile.
Surely the 18Mb swap space provides more than enough. Or maybe gcc
requires more physical RAM?

Anyone know what the problem is?

Marc

2. String for USR 56k PCI 3CP5610

3. Can't Get 7Cities or Car Wars running on C64S 2.0

4. Disable write cache Windows 2000

5. "Rocky Horror" game won't run on CCS64

6. Number of claims on FDDI

7. Wonderboy monster land won't run with MAME, please help.

8. EQM Sum, RBS Pattern, Highest Rx State, Highest TX State with AT&V1

9. Run The Gauntlet Won't Work

10. C64S won't run. HELP!

11. Quest for Tires won't run

12. HELP: Wasteland won't run!