X-Windows emulator for Windows or DOS?

Post by Leif Eklo » Thu, 16 Mar 1995 00:16:40

Are there ANY X-Windows emulators for Windows or DOS?
If there are, could someone point a WWW/FTP site for me with it/them?

-=[JtC]=-

Post by Ev Howe » Thu, 16 Mar 1995 06:33:57

> Are there ANY X-Windows emulators for Windows or DOS?
> If there are, could someone point a WWW/FTP site for me with it/them?

cica.indiana's ftp site has one for windows under win3.  It's just called xwin.

________________________________
E. Howell

http://www.aloha.com/~longhaul

X-Windows emulator for Windows or DOS?

Post by Henry Wert » Fri, 17 Mar 1995 12:57:21

Quote:>Are there ANY X-Windows emulators for Windows or DOS?
>If there are, could someone point a WWW/FTP site for me with it/them?

>-=[JtC]=-

     XAppeal.  You can get a demo (limit of a certain number of 10 TCP
connections -- I have not hit this limit...) at grind.isca.uiowa.edu in
/msdos/simtel/xwindows/xap* .  I'd get the xappeal.txt first -- it saves some
time since some of these are like 100dpi and up fonts, which if you are
running at a normal resolution or have font server, you may not need.  Also,
in addition to FTP'ing to this site, you can also telnet, press z for Zmodem
or K for kermit, and type c /msdos/simtel/xwindows.  "a filename" adds
filename to download queue, then d downloads them.. that's nice if you are not
directly on Internet, like not on SLIP or an Ethernet or whatever.
---

for this .sig 8-)
It's reported that Canter & Siegel search for and archive all articles
that contain their names or "Green Card".  This .sig is to help them.