Please help about Fusion!!! Please

Post by Coco Poo » Mon, 07 Sep 1998 04:00:00

can you guys here help me about
something about fusion???? I just can't find anyone who can help
me..........(even the tech support, they don't answer
me....................)
1).I have 256Mb Ram install on my system, but in Dos7.1 (Win98 Command
Prompt only) I can only use up to 64Mb,  otherwise it said the program is
out of memory! from the tech note it said Fusion support up to 7XX Mb Ram,
so how do I config?

2).How to use modem under Fusion? I have internal 56Kmodem , its installed
in Com2 (I think........... at least in Win98 is!) so how do I config it in
setup?
thanks in advance!!!!!

Post by Arash » Mon, 07 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> can you guys here help me about
> something about fusion???? I just can't find anyone who can help
> me..........(even the tech support, they don't answer
> me....................)
> 1).I have 256Mb Ram install on my system, but in Dos7.1 (Win98 Command
> Prompt only) I can only use up to 64Mb,  otherwise it said the program is
> out of memory! from the tech note it said Fusion support up to 7XX Mb Ram,
> so how do I config?

This question has been plaguing FUSION users since it was released.  No one
seems to be able to select more than ~60MB RAM.  Jim Drew falsely advertised
that it could support up to 768MB, but in reality there is a 60MB DOS wall.
You won't get more than 60MB of RAM to work under FUSION very soon :).

Quote:

> 2).How to use modem under Fusion? I have internal 56Kmodem , its installed
> in Com2 (I think........... at least in Win98 is!) so how do I config it in
> setup?

I use a DOS PnP configuration manager for both my sound card and Modem in
FUSION.  If your card is PnP, you have to get the appropriate DOS drivers for
it.  Keep in mind, you do not need specific device drivers, but only a generic
PnP manager.  I have a different one for my 2 PnP cards, one from Creative Labs
(soundblaster) and a generic one for Hayes compatible modems.  You *must* load
a PnP config manager if your modem is PnP.  Other than that, it should work
fine.  Just make sure you set it to com2 if the jumpers are set to that on your
modem.  And if, in fact, , you cannot get your card working after that, I will
be happy to send you MY config manager that works for me if you email me
(binaries are not well accepted in this group :)).

On the other hand, if nothing works at all and you have a somewhat newer BIOS,
you may be able to disable PnP in DOS.  However, use this as a last resort.

> thanks in advance!!!!!

Hope this helps
Arashi