simulation digest v1n11

Post by simulation dige » Mon, 02 Apr 1990 17:20:00

Moderator: Paul Fishwick, Univ. of Florida
Send topical mail to:

Send administrative mail (subscribing/unsubscribing) to:

________
Contents:
________

newsgroup formed: comp.simulation
TIMEWARP vs. Chandy-Misra & Modeling

From: Paul Fishwick <fishwick>

Subject: news group

I want to thank all of you for sending in "yes" votes for the creation
of a news group. We are called "comp.simulation" and if you are running
"news" (via USENET) you can access comp.simulation along with many
other special interest news groups. Let me try to answer some questions
asked by subscribers:

 1) How does the creation of a news group change anything? USENET is
    a collection of many nodes that carry news items through the
    mechanism of "news groups." If you have access to USENET, you may
    peruse the list of available groups -- in this manner, comp.simulation
    can attract many new subscribers indirectly, thereby increasing
    the world-wide visibility and activity for the group.

 2) What if I can't get good access to USENET? No problem. All subscribers
    will continue to receive the digest as before.

Therefore, USENET will have its primary impact on the visibility of
the group and the variety of participants. Thanks again for your
help.

-paul

Subject: Hello, world
Date: 4 Apr 88 18:18:19 GMT

Hello, so a simulation group has finally come up!  Good for us.  Perhaps now
the real answers to timewarp versus chandy-misra can be unravelled here.
Not to talk of the new paradigms for distributed simulation that all of you
must surely have invented ...

I wonder, is it also OK to talk about non-simulation topics like modeling
in general?

[systems modeling is most appropriate -pf]

Cheers,

1. simulation digest ?

 There have just been four messages issued entitled "SIMULATION DIGEST V# N#"
which I did not issue to this group; however, my email was listed as the
"Sender:" and "Approved:". Hopefully, this problem will be fixed so that
this error does not occur again.

Paul Fishwick

2. Welcome to comp.sys.atari.8bit!