Need help capturing serial printer

Post by john » Thu, 13 Feb 1997 04:00:00

This problem has stumped me all day.  I am trying to connect the 9 pin

serial printer port of a dumb terminal to a com port on a PC to save the

printer output to a file using Procomm Plus 3.0.  I have so far been

unsuccessful.  I have tried both straight thru serial cables and a null

modem cable.  My best guess right now is the handshaking between the two

systems.  I have the PC's com port configured to match the baud rate,

stop bits, etc. of the terminal's printer settings.  I am thinking that

the terminal is waiting on a specific line on the serial cable to be set

high before it starts printing.  If I plug the serial printer into the

terminal it starts printing immediately.  When I unplug the printer and

plug the cable back into my computer, the Procomm Data Monitor shows

absolutly no activity. However, as soon as I plug the printer back in,

the data flows again.  I am at a loss as to how to set the signals on

the port.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mojo

1. Printer emulator & capture

Help please.

I need to locate software that will allow me to connect to a system and
capture all "printer" output to a file that can later be modified and/or
printed.  I will be using a laptop connected via the parallel port and are
looking for a good software package.  If you know something please respond
A.S.A.P. as I am in a rush.

Thanks in advance
Chris Guerette

2. Wanted Ramcard for Amiga 2000

3. IBM PC to Commodore serial printer

4. Callback problem in OrbxiE2A

5. 1541 <-> C64 Serial Protocol Needed

6. Mexican Typeface.

7. anyone need display doctor serial number?

8. X11 apps and network state in console

9. help! readysoft 1541->amiga serial cable

10. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

11. HELP!!! URGENT HELP NEEDED

12. NEED HELP TIMING MY EMU, PLEASE HELP!!!!

13. Need Help With C64 Emulator!Please HELP!!!!