bochs tutorial

Post by Moe » Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:05:03

is there a tutorial for debugging code in Bochs running under unix (linux or
bsd)?
Thanks.

1. Installing FreeBSD under BOCHS (ports/emulators/bochs)

Hi,

I've been trying to get bochs 1.4.1 working under FreeBSD. The port
builds and installs fine but I am unable to get FreeBSD to act as a
guest OS. I've gone through the Bochs docs and searched the web/usenet
for answers without success.

I am having problems with the hard disk emulation, cdrom access, and
the ne2k emulation. Briefly, here are the problems:

1 Hard Disk emulation

During the FreeBSD boot process, FreeBSD is unable to find the disk,
though it does find the controller but is unable to find/access the
hard drive image.

ad0: Read command timeout ...
ad0: failed to reset ...

Additionally, no hard disk devices are displayed in the partitioning
menu in sysinstall.

Note, I was able to get OpenDOS to find the hard disk, so I'm pretty
sure I've got it setup alright. Also, FreeBSD 3.4 was able to locate
the drive and run fdisk on it (though disklabel failed).

2 CDROM

During device probes, Boch panics:
Event type: PANIC
Device: [CD   ]

choosing to continue bypasses the problem.

Unfortunately, sysinstall is unable to find the cdrom device (even
though it booted from it).

3 ne2k emuation

during boot process, Bochs panics:
Event type: PANIC
Device: [NE2K ]

choosing to continue bypasses the problem.

I am able to get FBSD to find the ne2k device (as ed0). It is also
successfully configured with an ip address and even sends packets
(verified with tcpdump). Unfortunately, it does not recieve packets.
It doesn't even respond to arp requrests.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. SCSI pinouts HDI-30 to DB-25

3. Commodore 128 Tutorial Disk?

4. SpaceBall Question

5. tutorial

6. Multiple Tacacs+ Servers

7. emulator tutorial please

8. Controller with green logo background question?

9. SPICE tutorial

10. Tutorial request

11. MASCOT tutorial

12. Intensive Tutorial: Learning Methods for Prediction, Classification

13. Intensive Tutorial: Learning Methods for Prediction, Classification.