Why no sound in MAME run NeoGeo games?

Post by Rya » Thu, 01 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Why can't I get sound in NEOGEO games running on MAME.  It emulates the z80
right?  When I audit games it lists nothing under the sound catergory...

Ryan

Why no sound in MAME run NeoGeo games?

Post by Jay Bonc » Thu, 01 Oct 1998 04:00:00

As far as I know, and correct me if im wrong, but even NeoRage at the latest
public version, doe snot have sound support, and i dont think the Mame people
(even if they are on a project track), have made any headway into te sound
dept... perhaps soon

        ---jay bonci

> Why can't I get sound in NEOGEO games running on MAME.  It emulates the z80
> right?  When I audit games it lists nothing under the sound catergory...

> Ryan

1. Why is Galaxian sound in MAME still inferior to Dave Spicers ?

What I don't understand is that after so many revisions Galaxian sound
in SPARCADE is still a lot better (background sound, and so on) than in
MAME.
Have the authors of MAME tried to contact Dave Spicer to get his
cooperation so that the sound in MAME 's Galaxian could be at SPARCADE
's level ?
Just wanted to know why I still need those two emulators, where I could
easily do with one if it weren't for Galaxian.

2. CFP: Call for Tutorials (IEEE Data Mining 2002)

3. Why did MAME .28/.29 and MsPacMan sounds change?

4. Differente behaviours in debug and execute mode...

5. *** OUT RUN *** OUT RUN *** OUT RUN *** OUT RUN*** IN BMP FORMAT !!!!!!!!!!

6. bochs tutorial

7. Neogeo sound dumps

8. Importing mails

9. NeoGeo: Metal Slug sound instead of music

10. Modem Wars-why won't it run?

11. Why a pentium to run CCS64???

12. WHY THE HECK CREATURES DO NOT RUN IN 2.0A ?

13. How do I run new games on MAME